2. Fabrication of Nanocarbon Composites Using In Situ Chemical Vapor Deposition and Their Applications
3. Carbon Foam Preparation and Applications
4. Nanocarbon-Inorganic Hybrids and Their Applications
5. Research Advances in the Synthesis of Nanocarbon-Based Photocatalysts and Their Applications for Photocatalytic Conversion of Carbon Dioxide to Hydrocarbon Fuels
6. Principles on design and fabrication of Nanocarbon composites as photocatalysts for air purifier
7. Electroactivate Shape-Memory Polymer Filled with Nanocarbon Particles and Short Carbon Fibers
8. Discovering Properties of Nanocarbon Materials as a Pivot for Device Applications
9. Carbon Based Metal Free Catalysts, Preparation and Properties
10. Graphene Oxide Conducting Polymer Composite Applicable for Energy Devices
11. Preparation of Manipulated Carbon Nanotubes Composites for Sensing Applications
12. Heterogeneous Nanocarbon Materials for Oxygen Reduction Properties
13. Nano Carbon as Electrode Materials for Super Capacitor
14. Nano carbon material–filled cementitious composites for Civil and structural applications
15. Nanocarbon composite for excellent poisonous gas degradation catalysts
16. Phenolic sensor development by metal oxide-nanocarbon composite for environmental cleanup
Nanocarbons are very promising materials due to their unique features and highly tailorable combination properties such as high porosity, large specific surface area (greater interaction zone), chemical inertness, radiation stability, high electrical conductivity (fast electron transfer), high toughness and greater modulation properties. However two main problems still need to be solved before they can realize their full potential: adequate dispersion of the nanocarbon reinforcement material and strong interfacial bonding between the nanocarbon element and the composite matrix.
This book provides a detailed and comprehensive review of all major innovations in the field of nanocarbons and their composites including preparation, properties and applications. The coverage is broad and quite extensive and will act as an essential reference resource to encourage future research in carbon-based materials, which is much in demand due to the need to develop more sustainable, recyclable, and eco-friendly methods for highly innovative and applied materials. Chapters are written by eminent scholars and leading experts from around the globe. The contents cover properties and applications of carbon-bases materials such as nanotubes (buckytubes), fullerenes, cones, horns, rods, foams, nanodiamonds and carbon black, including synthesis from different sources, efficacy and major challenges for successful scale-up fabrication. The chapters provide cutting-edge up-to-date research findings on the use of carbon-based materials in different application fields and illustrate how to achieve significant enhancements in physical, chemical, mechanical, and thermal properties.
- Demonstrates systematic approaches and investigations from design, synthesis, characterization and applications of "nanocarbon based composites" in order to establish their important relationship with end-user applications
- The book aims to compile information on the various aspects of synthesis, properties and applications of nano-carbon based materials, this can help the end user in effective selection of materials, property optimization, as well as property prediction for various applications
- Will be a useful reference and technical guide for university academics and postgraduate students (Masters and Ph.D.), R & D sectors, and industrialists working in material’s commercialization
Academic researchers, PhD students and industrial professionals working in materials science, chemical and materials engineering and energy especially nanocarbon composite materials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 1st January 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Anish Khan is an Assistant Professor, in the Chemistry Department, at the Centre of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research (CEAMR), Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He obtained his Ph.D. from Aligarh Muslim University, India in 2010. He has published more than 80 research papers in international journals, 20 conference/workshop papers, 2 books and 3 book chapters. His field of research includes: polymer nano composite/cation-exchanger/chemical sensor/microbiosensor/ nanotechnology, application of nano materials in electroanalytical chemistry, material chemistry, ion-exchange chromatography and electro-analytical chemistry, dealing with the synthesis, characterization (using different analytical techniques) and derivatization of inorganic ion-exchanger by the incorporation of electrically conducting polymers as well as the preparation and characterization of hybrid nano composite materials and their applications, polymeric inorganic cation –exchange materials, electrically conducting polymeric, composite materials as sensors, green chemistry by remediation of pollution, heavy metal ion selective membrane electrode, biosensor on neurotransmitter.
Assistant Professor, Chemistry Department, Centre of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research (CEAMR), Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Dr. Inamuddin is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), India. He obtained his Masters of Science degree in Organic Chemistry from Chaudhary Charan Singh (CCS) University, Meerut, India, in 2002. He received his Masters and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Applied Chemistry from AMU in 2004 and 2007, respectively. He has extensive research experience in Analytical Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Electrochemistry and, more specifically, Renewable Energy and the Environment. He has published 72 research articles in international journals, and eight book chapters. He has also published five edited books with Springer, Nova Science Publishers, CRC Press and Trans Tech Publications. He is an active member of various editorial boards of international journals.
Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), India
Abdullah Mohammed Ahmed Asiri is full Professor in the Chemistry Department – Faculty of Science-King Abdulaziz University. He obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Cardiff, U.K in 1995. He is currently Chairman of the chemistry department, at King Abdulaziz University and also Director of the Center of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research. His research interests include: Color chemistry; Synthesis of novel photochromic and thermochromic systems, Synthesis of novel colorants and coloration of textiles and plastics, Molecular Modeling, Applications of organic materials into optics such as OEDS, High performance organic Dyes and pigments. As well as New applications of organic photochromic compounds; Organic synthesis of heterocyclic compounds as precursor for dyes; Synthesis of polymers functionalized with organic dyes; Preparation of some coating formulations for different applications.
Professor, Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science-King Abdulaziz University