Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Nanoarchitectonics in Biomedicine describes this new area of nanoscience that has emerged as a major branch of nanoscience. The book brings together recent applications and discusses the advantages and disadvantages of each process, offering international perspectives on the technologies based on these findings. It offers new insights for nanoarchitectonics, starting with the currently used methods of synthesis and characterization of such materials, along with their biomedical applications. Authored by a wide range of international scientists, this volume shows how nanoarchitectonics is being used to create more efficient medical treatment solutions.
Users will find this to be an important research resource for those wanting to learn more on the emerging topic of nanoarchitectonics in biomedical science.
- Explores how design aspects, smart materials and personalized materials are used in biomedicine today
- Offers global perspectives on how nanoarchitectonics is used in different regions
- Presents an important research resource for those wanting to learn more on the emerging topic of nanoarchitectonics in biomedical science
Biomaterials scientists, pharmaceutical scientists, toxicologists, biomedical engineers, medicinal chemists and postgraduate students specializing in the areas of nanomedicine, bionanomaterials and nanotechnology applications in healthcare
1. Basics in Nanoarchitectonics
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu
2. Microfluidics for drug delivery systems
3. Plasmonic metal nanoparticles as sensors for assaying of drugs in pharmaceutical and biological samples
Suresh Kumar Kailasa
4. Development of risk assessment programme for identification of health hazards following nanoparticle exposures among industrial workers
5. Polymeric Micelles: as a Novel Carrier for Ocular Drug Delivery
6. Nanoparticles for improvement in oral bioavailability
Naseem Ahmad Charoo
7. Targeted Delivery Systems for Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer
8. Exosome Nanocarriers: A Natural, Novel and Perspective Approach in Drug Delivery System
Gurjit Kaur Bhatti
9. Recent advances in lipid nanocarriers applicable in the fight against cancer
10. Tissue engineering applications of nanobiomaterials
Jalaledin ghanavi, Ali Akbar Velayati and Poopak Farnia
11. Polymer Based Silver and Magnesium ions co-doped Calcium Phosphate Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering Applications
12. Targeted Drug Delivery and Gene Therapy through Natural Biodegradable Nanostructures in Pharmaceuticals
Vashist N. Pandey
13. Site specific drug delivery, targeting and Gene therapy
14. A new approach for drug targeting to the central nervous system: Lipid nanoparticles
15. Solid Lipid Nanoparticles(SLN): Fabriaction methods,Charecterization Techniques and in vitro--in vivo study.
Amaldoss Maria John Newton
16. Reversible Core/Shell Cross-linked Micelles for Controlled Release of Bioactive Agents
17. Effects of Block Copolymer Micelles on the Pharmacokinetics of Encapsulated Drugs
18. Nanoarchitectonics prepared by laser processing and their biomedicinal applications
19. Nanoemulsion preparation, characterization and application in the field of Biomedicine
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2019
- 20th March 2019
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu is Assistant Professor at the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry and Letters in Applied NanoBioScience and Co-Editor in Chief of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin. He is also a member of the Editoral Board for several other journals, including American Journal of Nanomaterials, Journal of Nanotechnology in Diagnosis and Treatment and Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Research. In addition, he has served as Guest Editor for several other established journals, including Elsevier’s International Journal of Pharmaceutics. He has published 17 books previously with Elsevier as well as over 150 peer reviewed papers and 20 book chapters.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.