Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Nano-Biopesticides Today and Future Perspectives is the first single-volume resource to examine the practical development, implementation and implications of combining the environmentally aware use of biopesticides with the potential power of nanotechnology. While biopesticides have been utilized for years, researchers have only recently begun exploring delivery methods that utilize nanotechnology to increase efficacy while limiting the negative impacts traditionally seen through the use of pest control means. Written by a panel of global experts, the book provides a foundation on nano-biopesticide development paths, plant health and nutrition, formulation and means of delivery.
Researchers in academic and commercial settings will value this foundational reference of insights within the biopesticide realm.
- Provides comprehensive insights, including relevant information on environmental impact and safety, technology development, implementation, and intellectual property
- Discusses the role of nanotechnology and its potential applications as a nanomaterial in crop protection for a cleaner and greener agriculture
- Presents a strategic, comprehensive and forward-looking approach
Researchers and academics, advanced level students working with pesticides and/or biopesticides
1. Nanobiopesticides: An introduction
2. Nanotechnology in crop protection: Status
3. Nanobiopesticide perspectives for protection and nutrition of plants
4. Nanobiopesticides: Composition and preparation methods
5. Green nanoemulsion interventions for biopesticide formulations
6. Polymer/layered silicate nanocompositesas matrix for bioinsecticide formulations
7. Nanobiopesticide formulations: Application strategies today and future perspectives
8. Bioavailability and environmental safety of nanobiopesticides
9. Oil in water nanoemulsion formulations of botanical active substances
10. Bacillus thuringiensis-based nanopesticides for crop protection
11. Application of baculoviruses as biopesticides and the possibilities of nanoparticle mediated delivery
12. Silver nanoparticles: Potential as insecticidal and microbial biopesticides
13. Silver nanoparticle-based biopesticides for phytopathogens: Scope and potential in agriculture
14. Nanobiofungicides: Present concept and future perspectives in fungal control
15. Bioherbicides and nanotechnology: Current status and future trends
16. Patenting issues in the development of nanobiopesticides
17. Nanobiopesticides in agriculture: State of the art and future opportunities
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 19th March 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Opender Koul has spent more than 30 years studying the pest management using a variety of methods, including biopesticides and biotechnological techniques. He has published and spoken extensively on the topic of pesticides and leads his extensive global network of subject matter experts in this cohesive and complete volume designed to provide practical insight into the use of nanotechnology in effective pest management.
Director, Insect Biopesticide Research Centre, Jalandhar, India, Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Science, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.