This concise, but thorough text covers both the theory and current practice of fibromyalgia and myofascial pain management. It provides practical, step-by-step descriptions of both traditional and state-of-the-art approaches to trigger point injections and nerve blocks, accompanied by clear diagrams that illustrate pain patterns, muscle anatomy, patient positioning, and more. An interdisciplinary approach draws on the knowledge and expertise of authorities in the fields of rheumatology, physiatry, orthopedic surgery, psychology, endocrinology, physical therapy, dentistry, ergonomic engineering, and anesthesiology.
Part I - General Considerations
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome - Clinical Features, Diagnosis, and Biopathophysiologic Mechanisms Muhammad B. Yunnus, M.D. and Fatma Inanici, M.D.
- Management of Fibromyalgia Syndrome Fatma Inanici, M.D. and Muhammad B. Yunnus, M.D.
- Unusual Aspects of Musculoskeletal Pain in the Pediatric Population Joan Gold, ..D.
- Metabolic and Endocrine Causes of Muscle Syndromes Louis F. Amorosa, M.D.
- Psychological Considerations in Myofascial Pain, Fibromyalgia, and Related Musculoskeletal Pain
Roy C. Gresiak, PhD.
- Disability Evaluation and Management of Myofascial Pain Matthew Monsein. M.D.
- Functional Diagnosis of Musculoskeletal Pain and Evaluation of Treatment Results by Quantitative and Objective Techniques
Andrew Fischer, M.D.
- Diagnosis and Management of Facial Pain Harold V. Cohen,D.D.S., Richard A. Pertes, D.D.S.
Part II - Trigger Point Management
- Trigger Points Edward S. Rachlin
- History and Physical Examination for Myofascial Pain Syndromes Edward S. Rachlin
- Trigger Point Management Edward S. Rachlin, Isabel S. Rachlin
- Injection of Specific Trigger Points Edward S. Rachlin
- New Injection Techniques for the Treatment of Musculoskeletal Pain Andrew Fischer
- Nerve Block Therapy for Myofascial Pain Management Winston C. V. Parris
Part III - Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Muscle Deficiency Hans Kraus
- Physical Therapy Treatment Approaches for Myofascial Pain Syndromes and Fibromyalgia Isabel S. Rachlin
- Manual Therapy and Treatment of Myofascial Pain and Dysfu
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2002
- 20th February 2002
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, UMDNJ- Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine, New Brunswick, NJ; Instructor in Clinical Orthopedic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine; Assistant Attending Physician, Bellevue Medical Center, Assistant Adjunct, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
Specialized Physical Therapy, Ithaca, NY