Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Mustard Lung: Diagnosis and Treatment of Respiratory Disorders in Sulfur-Mustard Injured Patients brings together the details regarding pathophysiology, medication, and protective issues to provide a comprehensive look at health problems associated with sulfur mustard injury. It provides a bench-to-bedside look at the long term complications of vesicant exposure in humans as well as how mustard gas exposure affects lung function. By providing guidelines and approaches for the diagnosis, pathogenesis, and treatment of SM injury cases, this book is helpful for a wide range of medical researchers and clinicians.
For decades, chemical respiratory disorders were diagnosed and managed traditionally similar to other chronic respiratory diseases. However, the exact nature of chemical respiratory disorders is different and needs to be treated as such.
- Includes the most up-to-date basic and clinical research findings on sulfur mustard from top researchers
- Provides information on chemical agents, complications that arise due to sulfur mustard exposure, and drugs available to treat injuries
- Contains an appendix with practical prescription recommendations for patients affected by mustard lung
- Provides a bench-to-bedside look at the long term complications of vesicant exposure in humans as well as how mustard gas exposure affects lung function
Pulmonology researchers and pulmonologists. It may also be appropriate for medical students, basic and clinical researchers and staff who are involved in and specialize in the field of general medicine, respiratory medicine, toxicology, air pollution or military medicine. It may also be appropriate for cell and molecular biologists and genetic and chemist researchers.
1) History of chemical weapons
2) Classification and physical and chemical characteristics of chemical agents
3) The Homeostasis of Immune Cells in Chemical Injuries
4) Signs and symptoms of injury by Sulfur Mustard
5) Effects of Sulfur Mustard on morphology and function of respiratory system
6) Gastroesophageal reflux in chemical injured patients
7) Diagnostic methods in chemical injured patients
8) Treatment of respiratory disorder in mustard lung
9) Carcinogenicity of Sulfur Mustard
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2016
- 3rd May 2016
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Mostafa Ghanei, MD, has been practicing as a pulmonologist since 1997. He is now Vice Chancellor in Research of Ministry of Health of Iran and Head of Research Center of Chemical Injuries, Baqiyatallah Medical Sciences University. Additionally, he is a member of the European Respiratory Society, Iranian Lung Society, Iranian Executive Board of Lung Society, National Board Exam in Respiratory Medicine, American College of Chest Physicians, and American Thoracic Society.
From 2005-15, Dr. Ghanei produced 144 documents including articles, books, editorial, letters and reviews. He has published the majority of his work (50%) in the Medicine category. He has 1,551 citations and has experience with international, national and institutional collaboration with more than 150 colleagues. He holds an h-index of 22.
Head of Pasteur Institute of Iran and Deputy Minister of Health and Medical Education Ministry (2006-2013)
From 2005-15, Dr. Harandi produced 38 documents including articles, editorials, letters and reviews. This will be his first book. He published the majority of his work (54%) in the Medicine category. He has 347 citations and has experience with international, national and institutional collaboration with 105 colleagues. He holds an h-index of 9.
Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
"The issue that serious students of this topic would need to access a variety of peer-reviewed and "grey" literature emanating from dissertations, meeting abstracts, or forums has now been addressed. Ultimately, the book concludes with an outline of prescriptions useful in the chronic phase of treatment. Score: 95 - 4 Stars!" --Doody's
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.