- UNIQUE! Video clips on the companion Evolve website showcase techniques involving muscle tests, handheld dynamometry, sensory and neurologic testing, clinician and patient positioning, and force application.
- Chapter 6: Techniques of Pediatric Muscle Testing covers the different techniques for manual infant muscle testing that help determine prognosis and treatment.
- Consistent chapter layout and organization by joint and muscle system allow you to quickly and easily locate the information you need.
- Instructions for performing hand-held dynamometry of major trunk and extremity muscles are clear and concise to ease your comprehension.
- Chapter on functional muscle testing demonstrates positioning, examiner instructions, and expected response for patients of all ages.
- Detailed neurologic exam instructions with photos help you perform accurate screening and interpret exam results.
- Coverage of techniques such as gravity-resisted testing and gravity-eliminated testing clearly shows you how to perform alternative methods of manual muscle testing.
- Hundreds of photos and illustrations demonstrate various techniques and landmarks to give you a clear understanding of positioning, stabilization, and common substitutions.
- Clinical notes highlight useful information about particular symptoms or conditions that you may encounter in practice.
- Case vignettes challenge you to apply your knowledge to real-world situations and think creatively about clinical problems.
- Overview of normal gait cycle serves as a resource for identif
1: Introduction to Muscle Strength Testing
2: Techniques of Manual Muscle Testing: Upper Extremity
3: Techniques of Manual Muscle Testing: Head, Neck, and Trunk
4: Techniques of Manual Muscle Testing: Lower Extremity
5: Techniques of Functional Muscle Testing
6: Techniques of Pediatric Muscle Testing
7: Hand-held Dynamometry for Muscle Testing
8: Techniques of the Sensory Examination
9: Techniques of the Remainder of the Neurologic Examination: Coordination, Mental Status, Cranial Nerves, and Superficial Reflexes
10: Observational Gait Analysis as a Screening Tool
Appendix A: Average Joint Ranges of Motion
Appendix B: Muscle Innervations by Spinal Cord Level
Appendix C: Muscle Innervations by Peripheral Nerve