This practical resource presents key information on multiple sclerosis—from diagnosis and clinical features...through genetics and pathology...to rehabilitation and the psychosocial consequences of the disease. Completely revised and updated, it examines the latest research and advances in patient management.
- Concentrates on selected topics where advances in research have affected clinical practice.
- Provides a practical approach to diagnosis and management of the different forms of the disease.
- The Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis
2. Clinical Features and Subtypes of MS
3. Natural History, Epidemiology and Prognosis
4. Etiology and Pathogenesis, Immunology and Experimental Models
5. Mechanisms of Symptom Production
6. Genetics of Multiple Sclerosis
7. Pathology and Pathogenesis of Multiple Sclerosis
8. Neuropsychiatry: Cognition and Mood Disorders
9. MRI Monitoring in Clinical Trails
10. Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy: Insights into the Pathology and Pathophysiology of Multiple Sclerosis
11. Treatment of Relapses and Relapsing – Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
12. Treatment of Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
13. Conventional Immunosuppression and Multiple Sclerosis
14. Treatment of Catastrophic MS
15. Complications of MS: Fatigue, Spasticity, Ataxia, Pain, Bowel, Bladder and Sexual Dysfunction in Multiple Sclerosis
16. Treatment of Optic Neuritis and the Clinically Isolated Syndromes
17. Neuromyelistis Optica
18. Women's Issues in MS including Pregnancy
19. MS with Early and Late Disease Onset
20. Future Therapies
21. Rehabilitation in Multiple Sclerosis
22. The Psychosocial Consequences of Multiple Sclerosis
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2003
- 17th January 2003
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Neurology, Institute of Neurology, University of London, UK
Chair, Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rocherster, MN
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.