Multiphysics Modeling: Materials, Components, and Systems focuses on situations where coupled phenomena like thermal, flow and mechanics occur. Important fundamentals of the various physics that are required in multiphysics modeling are given before more advanced linear and non-linear behaviors are tackled, such as creep deformation and drapeability, noise absorption under thermofluid, and static and dynamic loading. In addition to theory, solutions to practical problems, such as when to use 2D or 3D modeling are addressed, as are the specific techniques for multiphysics modeling of high performance materials and energy systems.
Drawing on teaching experience, industry solutions, and the latest research, this book is the most complete guide to multiphysics modeling available for students and researchers in mechanical engineering, biomaterials, civil engineering and materials science.
- Provides a thorough intro to the theory behind multiphysics modeling
- Covers both linear and non-linear material behaviors
- Helps to answer practical questions such as when to use 2D or 3D modeling
Postgraduate students and researchers interested in multiphysics modelling, from disciplines including mechanical engineering, materials science, manufacturing, physics, biomaterials. A useful reference for engineers using multiphysics models
1. Introduction to Multiphysics Modelling
2. Multiphysics Modelling of Fluid Flow Systems
3. Multiphysics Modelling of Thermal Environments
4. Multiphysics Modelling of Structural Components and Materials
5. Multiphysics Modelling of Interactions in Systems
6. Thermomechanical Modelling of Materials and Components
7. Multiphysics Modelling of High-Performance Materials
8. Multiphysics Modelling of Energy Systems
9. Multiphysics Modelling Issues
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 1st June 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Murat Peksen is an adjunct professor in Multiphysics and Simulation at RWTH Aachen University, Germany and at the University of Sciecne and Technology of China.. He is an expert in coupled fluid flow, structural mechanics, heat and transfer interactions (multiphysics) in various industrial high-tech applications, particularly in energy technologies and mechanical engineering.
Professor, Aachen University of Applied Sciences and at the University of Sciecne and Technology of China.