Conventional and Emerging Topologies and Their Control
- Includes a universal control scheme to help the reader learn the control of existing topologies and those which can be proposed in the future
- Presents three new topologies. Systematic development of these topologies and subsequent simulation and experimental studies exemplify an approach to the development of newer topologies and verification of their working and experimental verification.
- Contains a systematic and step-by-step approach to modelling and simulating various topologies designed to effectively employ low-power applications
Researchers and Engineers working on development of topologies for specific applications such as HVDC, renewable energy, electric vehicles; Electrical, power, renewable and energy engineers; undergraduate and postgraduate students willing to learn the application of philosophy of power electronics for multilevel power conversion
Table of Contents
1. Basics of Inverters
2. Basics of Multilevel Inverters
3. Advent of New Topologies
4. Universal Control Scheme with Voltage-Level Based Methods
5. Multilevel Inverter Based on Bridge-Type Connected Sources
6. Cross-Connected Sources Based Multilevel Inverter
7. Comparison of Multilevel Inverter Topologies
- No. of pages: 228
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2017
- Published: December 5, 2017
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780128124499
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128124482
About the Authors
Krishna Kumar Gupta
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
Dze T. Fri May 04 2018
Good book for basics and advanced learning
Concepts are well explained, much easier than reading hell lot of research papers. Great work !
Sunaina Tue Apr 10 2018
A Great Book for Multilevel Inverters and For Power Electronics too !
This is the ONLY book available which can help you understand multilevel inverters. I have been going thru so many research papers for past many months but reading this book once has cleared my concepts. My university has an elective course too in multilevel inverters and our prof is now referrring to this book. PROS: Fundamentals are explained very very clearly. In addition to multilevel inverters, if you are also interested in power electronics in general, you should read this book. You will understand how power electronics work. Simulation of multilevel inverters becomes easy, Simulink models are explained. Control scheme is explained which is topology independent. All topologies in one place and a very detailed comparison. Very refined concepts like power balancing are explained, CONS A bit expensive book, but the cost is worth it in terms of contents. Fault tolerance is not fully addressed.
Paul T. Fri Apr 06 2018
Extremely good and the only one !
Finally I have a book exclusively on multilevel converters. Read it with great attention. Afdrresses all points related to mlis. Must buy for researchers like me working on mlis. way to go...
Zehelin P. Thu Dec 21 2017
Book discusses not just the basics but actually enables one to go to an advanced level. A must have for those working in this field.
Darren Thu Dec 14 2017
Insightful resource, definitely recommend!
I've used this book for my research on power electronics.
Sebastian Mon Dec 11 2017
Good book both for fundamentals and advanced learning !