Designed to accompany Carol J. Buck’s ICD-10-CM Online Training Modules, Transitioning to ICD-10-CM Coding makes it easy to learn ICD-10-CM coding and prepare for the AAPC’s ICD-10 certification exam. The book provides a step-by-step guide to coding rules and concepts, while the Online Training Modules provide practice with realistic coding exercises. After you’ve read the chapters in the book and completed the online modules, you will be ready to take a practice exam simulating the 75-question AAPC ICD-10 exam (also located in the Online Training Modules). Best of all, you can use this integrated course of study to earn continuing education credits!
- CEUs from AAPC and AHIMA may be earned when the book is used with ICD-10-CM Online Training Modules.
- A step-by-step approach makes it easier to learn and remember important information.
- A practice exam at the beginning of the online modules measures your familiarity with ICD-10-CM coding.
- A 75-question mock exam for the AAPC ICD-10 certification exam follows in the online modules.
- Complete coverage of the new ICD-10-CM code set includes practice activities at the end of each chapter and assigned exercises in the online modules.
- Online module exercises, Quick Checks, and Toolbox features reinforce the coding rules and concepts, reflect the book’s step-by-step organization, and enhance your comprehension.
- Real-life coding reports simulate the reports that coders encounter on the job and challenge you to apply important coding principles to actual cases from the field.
- From the Trenches and Caution! boxes provide important tips and helpful advice that will be useful when you are working in the field.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting boxes include excerpts of actual coding guidelines, each accompanied by in-text explanations.
1. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
2. Using ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
Appendix A: Online Examinations and CEU Certificate of Completion
Appendix B: Practice Answers
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 30th March 2012
- eBook ISBN:
Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN