UNIT ONE: A Nurse's Perspective of Pharmacology
- Drug Action: Pharmaceutic, Pharmacokinetic, and Pharmacodynamic Phases
- Nursing Process and Client Teaching
- Medication Safety NEW!
- Medication Administration
- Medications and Calculations
- The Drug Approval Process
- Cultural and Pharmacogenetic Considerations
- Drug Interaction and Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Drugs of Abuse
- Herbal Therapy with Nursing Implications
- Pediatric Pharmacology
- Geriatric Pharmacology
- Medication Administration in Community Settings
- The Role of the Nurse in Drug Research
- Vitamin and Mineral Replacement
- Fluid and Electrolyte Replacement
- Nutritional Support
- Adrenergic Agonists and Adrenergic Blockers
- Cholinergic Agonists and Anticholinergics
- Central Nervous System Stimulants
- Central Nervous System Depressants
UNIT TWO: Drug Calculations
Section 5A: Systems of Measurement with Conversion
Section 5B: Methods for Calculation
Section 5C: Calculations of Oral Dosages
Section 5D: Calculations of Injectable Dosages
Section 5E: Calculations of Intravenous Fluids
Section 5F: Pediatric Drug Calculations
UNIT THREE: Contemporary Issues in Pharmacology
UNIT FOUR: Nutrition and Electrolytes
UNIT FIVE: Autonomic Nervous System Agents
UNIT SIX: Neurologic and Neuromuscular Agents
This student study guide contains a variety of exercises specifically designed to reinforce content presented in the textbook. Chapter worksheets feature more than 1,800 study questions, 160 drug calculation and dosage problems, and case-based critical thinking exercises. Like the Kee text, the study guide features a strong nursing focus and comprehensive coverage of drug dosage calculations, including numerous sample drug labels.
- Over 1,800 study questions reinforce textbook concepts and prepare you for the NCLEX® examination.
- An extensive section of drug calculation problems helps you master important dosage calculation methods.
- Case-based critical thinking exercises enhance your understanding of nursing responsibilities in drug therapy.
- Sample drug labels familiarize you with the labels you will encounter in clinical practice.
- A basic math review appendix provides a helpful review of key mathematics concepts.
- Answers for all exercises are included to facilitate self-study.
- eBook ISBN:
Associate Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
Professor, School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
Professor, South University, Richmond Campus, Glen Allen, Virginia
Associate Professor and ABSN Program Chair, School of Nursing, Samuel Merritt University, Oakland, CA, USA