- Print ISBN 9780323113823
- Electronic ISBN 9780323113953
- A contemporary design includes easy, intuitive navigation and enhances readability.
- A traffic light icon appears next to each pathology, indicating whether it is safe to proceed with massage (green), there are cautions (yellow), or the massage is contraindicated (red).
- Objective-based learning helps you make the most of your time with objectives for study at the beginning of each module and an exam at the end, with rationales for each answer.
- Interactive activities reinforce your understanding with about 10 activities in each module including labeling, drag-and-drop, matching exercises, bin-drops (putting the correct descriptor in the proper columns), and multiple-choice and quiz show formats for reviews.
- Interactive features include pop-ups with content on:
- Points of interest
- Historical marker
- Clinical tip
- Spotlight on research
- Rest area asking you to take a break or offering a tip for meditation or relaxation
- Animations depict pathology concepts that are difficult to represent photographically, like cell division.
- High-quality images illustrate anatomy and key concepts, and may be enlarged in a pop-up view.
- Case studies offer realistic, multi-faceted, client scenarios so you can synthesize and apply what you have learned.
- Picture galleries show the components of a disease/condition, to help you select, modify, or avoid massage procedures. For example, the osteoporosis picture gallery includes drawings of posture, a bone density test being performed, photos and radiographs of vertebrae with tissue loss, normal bones in comparison to osteoporotic bones
Module 1 Disease Awareness and Infection Control
Module 2 Treatment Planning
Module 3 Medications
Module 4 Dermatologic Pathologies
Module 5 Musculoskeletal Pathologies
Module 6 Neurologic Pathologies
Module 7 Endocrine Pathologies
Module 8 Cardiovascular Pathologies
Module 9 Lymphatic and Immune Pathologies
Module 10 Respiratory Pathologies
Module 11 Gastrointestinal Pathologies
Module 12 Urinary Pathologies
Module 13 Reproductive Pathologies, Conditions, and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Module 14 Cancer
Module 15 Mental Disorders
- No. of pages:
- © 2014
- 5th February 2013
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: