Master the clinical skills and techniques you need to succeed as a nurse! Designed to accompany Potter and Perry's Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 8th Edition, these handy checklists help you perform each skill and procedure presented in the textbook. By following these step-by-step checklists, you will build skills and assess your proficiency quickly and easily.
- A skills performance checklist is included for every skill and procedural guideline in the Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 8th Edition textbook, with step-by-step instructions for over 200 basic, intermediate, and advanced nursing skills.
- Thorough and convenient documentation of skill mastery is provided for easier self-evaluation.
- Perforated pages make it easy to submit forms to instructors during clinical skills lab.
1. Using Evidence in Practice
2. Admitting, Transfer, and Discharge
4. Documentation and Informatics
5. Vital Signs
6. Health Assessment
7. Medical Asepsis
8. Sterile Technique
9. Safe Patient Handling
10. Exercise & Ambulation
11. Orthopedic Measures
12. Support Surfaces
13. Safety and Quality Improvement
14. Disaster Preparedness
15. Pain Assessment and Basic Comfort Measures
16. Palliative Care
17. Personal Hygiene and Bedmaking
18. Pressure Ulcer Care
19. Eye and Ear Care
20. Safe Medication Preparation
21. Oral and Topical Medications
22. Parenteral Medications
23. Oxygen Therapy
24. Performing Chest Physiotherapy
25. Airway Management
26. Closed Chest Drainage Systems
27. Emergency Measure for Life Support
28. Intravenous and Vascular Access Therapy
29. Blood Transfusions
30. Oral Nutrition
31. Enteral Nutrition
32. Parenteral Nutrition
33. Urinary Elimination
34. Bowel Elimination and Gastric Intubation
35. Ostomy Care
36. Preoperative/Postoperative Care
37. Intraoperative Care
38. Wound Care
39. Dressings, Bandages, and Binders
40. Warm and Cold Therapy
41. Home Care Safety
42. Home Care Teaching
43. Specimen Collection
44. Diagnostic Procedures
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2013
- 18th March 2013
- eBook ISBN:
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN is a Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois.
Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois.
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN is a Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, Missouri.
Director of Research, Patient Care Services, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
Wendy Ostendorf, RN, MS, EdD, CNE
Walden University Minneapolis,Minnesota
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.