Index of DVD clips
List of abbreviations
Module 6: Childhood disorders 1
28. Central nervous system
29. Neuro-developmental disability
30. Child mental health
31. The eye and vision
32. Disorders of hearing, the ear and throat
33. Disorders of bones and joints
34. Inborn errors of metabolism
35. Endocrinology and diabetes
36. Skin disorders in children
37. Child abuse and neglect
38. Child health in developing countries
Module 7: Childhood disorders 2
39. Gastroenterology and hepatology
40. Urinary system
41. The cardiovascular system
42. Respiratory paediatrics
43. Blood and reticuloendothelial disorders
44. Immunology and infectious disease
Module 8: The child in hospital
45. Care of the critically ill child
46. Neonatology I: problems of the prenatal and perinatal period
47. Neonatology II: respiratory and cardiac disorders
48. Neonatology III: neurology, haematology, metabolism and sepsis
49. Neonatology IV: disorders requiring surgical intervention
50. Accidents, poisoning and ALTEs
51. Oncology and palliative care
2008 BMA Medical Book Competition Awards:
First Prize Paediatrics
Prepared in conjunction with the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH), MRCPCH MasterCourse has been constructed as a comprehensive package for trainees facing professional examinations in paediatrics and child health.
This volume (2) has been made available separately in case candidates sitting the Diploma in Child Health (DCH) exams and doctors with a primary-care interest in child health using Volume 1 wish to study futher and go on to purchase Volume 2.
It comes with an accompanying DVD containing video clips of clinical scenarios, and PIN access to a website with self-assessment and further learning materials.
- A complete multi-media course for the new MRCPCH examination.
- The written component are produced as attractive, full-colour books written in a problem-orientated style, with full-colour line drawings and colour photographs.
- Books contain references to video and audio clips on accompanying DVD that comes with the books.
- The related website offers self-testing questions (in exam style) and answers, links to important paediatric websites (guidelines, etc.), selected content from relevant journals, such as Current Paediatrics, periodic clinical updates etc.
- A supplementary purchase for all paediatric trainees in the UK and GPs taking the DCH examination using Volume 1 who wish to take their studies further.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2007
- 30th April 2007
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
Malcolm Levene MD, FRCP, FRCPCH, FMedSc retired Professor of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Leeds, Leeds General Infirmary Leeds
Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, Division of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Leeds, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK