Index of DVD clips
List of abbreviations
Module 1: Normal children and child health:
1. Child health in a changing society
2. Child development and developmental problems
3. Psychological and emotional development
4. Nutrition, infant feeding and weaning
Module 2: Toolkit for child health and disease
5. History-taking and physical examination
6. Diagnosis and management
7. Communication skills
8. Evaluation of the newborn
9. Clinical genetics
10. Pharmacology and therapeutics
11. Ethics and children’s rights
12. Practical procedures and investigations
13. Evidence-based paediatrics and audit
Module 3: Child public health
17. Health promotion and disease prevention
Module 4: Community child health
18. Childhood disability
19. Adolescent health and health problems
20. Emotional and behavioural problems: primary care aspects
21. Child protection in the community
Module 5: Common problems in primary care
22. Growth: normal and abnormal
23. Heart and lung disorders
24. Brain and movement disorders
25. Abdominal disorders
26. Disorders of the urinary tract
27. Skin disorders
2008 BMA Medical Book Competition Awards:
First Prize Paediatrics
Prepared in conjunction with the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH), MRCPCH MasterCourse has been constructed as a comprehensive package for trainees facing professional examinations in paediatrics and child health.
This volume (1) alone will be sufficient for candidates sitting the Diploma in Child Health (DCH) exams and doctors with a primary-care interest in child health.
It comes with an accompanying DVD containing video clips of clinical scenarios, and PIN access to a website with self-assessment and further learning materials.
- A complete multi-media course for the new MRCPCH examination.
- The written component are produced as attractive, full-colour books written in a problem-orientated style, with full-colour line drawings and colour photographs.
- Books contain references to video and audio clips on accompanying DVD that comes with the books.
- The related website offers self-testing questions (in exam style) and answers, links to important paediatric websites (guidelines, etc.), selected content from relevant journals, such as Current Paediatrics, periodic clinical updates etc.
- An essential purchase for all paediatric trainees in the UK and GPs taking the DCH examination.
- Planned and written with the latest exam syllabus in mind.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2007
- 30th April 2007
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
Malcolm Levene MD, FRCP, FRCPCH, FMedSc retired Professor of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Leeds, Leeds General Infirmary Leeds
Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, Division of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Leeds, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK