Skill 1 Acapella Device
Skill 2 Apical-Radial Pulse
Skill 3 Aquathermia and Heating Pads
Skill 4 Aspiration Precautions
Skill 5 Assistive Device Ambulation (Use of Crutches, Cane, and Walker)
Skill 6 Automated External Defibrillator
Skill 7 Bladder Volume Measurement
Skill 8 Blood Administration
Skill 9 Blood Glucose Testing NEW!
Skill 10 Blood Pressure by Auscultation: Upper extremities, Lower extremities, Palpation
Skill 11 Blood Pressure: Automatic
Skill 12 Central Venous Access Device Care: CVC, Ports
Skill 13 Chest Tube Care
Skill 14 Cold Applications
Skill 15 Condom Catheter
Skill 16 Continuous Passive Motion Machine
Skill 17 Continuous Subcutaneous Infusion
Skill 18 Dressings: Dry and Moist-to-Dry,
Skill 19 Dressings: Hydrocolloid, Hydrogel, Foam, or Alginate
Skill 20 Dressings: Transparent
Skill 21 Ear Drop Administration
Skill 22 Ear Irrigations
Skill 23 Enemas
Skill 24 Enteral Nutrition via Gastrostomy or Jejunostomy Tube
Skill 25 Enteral Nutrition via a Nasoenteric Feeding Tube
Skill 26 Epidural Analgesia
Skill 27 Eye Irrigation
Skill 28 Eye Medications: Drops and Ointment
Skill 29 Fall Prevention in a Health Care Facility
Skill 30 Fecal Impaction: Removing Digitally
Skill 31 Hypothermia and Hyperthermia Blankets
Skill 32 Incentive Spirometery
Skill 33 Intradermal Injections
Skill 34 Intramuscular Injections
Skill 35 Intravenous Medications: Intermittent Infusion Sets and Mini-Infusion Pumps<B
Take this reference to clinicals or on the job for quick access to nursing skills! Based on Perry & Potter's market-leading Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills & Procedures, 8th Edition presents 85 key skills in a convenient spiral-bound, A-to-Z format. Step-by-step instructions include full-color photos plus rationales explaining why and how to use specific techniques. This edition adds coverage of two new skills. With the latest in evidence-based practice, this guide helps you perform basic nursing skills safely and effectively. Also available as an eBook for use on hand-held devices!
- Safety alerts highlight important information for patient safety and effective performance of skills.
- Unexpected outcomes and related interventions help you troubleshoot potential problems and take appropriate actions to address them.
- Special Considerations address teaching, the home care setting, and care modifications for pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Clear, two-column format shows how to perform skills, with rationales for each step explaining the reason behind the practice and the benefit to patients.
- A Gloving logo identifies procedures in which clean gloves should be worn or gloves should be changed in order to minimize the risk of infection.
- Documentation guidelines include a bulleted list of what should be reported and recorded in the patient records.
- Alphabetical organization of skills makes it easy to find information quickly, and each skill begins on a new page.
- A convenient pocket size and spiral binding allow the book to fit easily into your coat pocket and to stay open on the page you want.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2015
- 28th April 2014
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO