Take this reference to clinicals or on the job for quick access to nursing skills! Based on Perry & Potter's market-leading Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills & Procedures, 8th Edition presents 85 key skills in a convenient spiral-bound, A-to-Z format. Step-by-step instructions include full-color photos plus rationales explaining why and how to use specific techniques. This edition adds coverage of two new skills. With the latest in evidence-based practice, this guide helps you perform basic nursing skills safely and effectively. Also available as an eBook for use on hand-held devices!
- Safety alerts highlight important information for patient safety and effective performance of skills.
- Unexpected outcomes and related interventions help you troubleshoot potential problems and take appropriate actions to address them.
- Special Considerations address teaching, the home care setting, and care modifications for pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Clear, two-column format shows how to perform skills, with rationales for each step explaining the reason behind the practice and the benefit to patients.
- A Gloving logo identifies procedures in which clean gloves should be worn or gloves should be changed in order to minimize the risk of infection.
- Documentation guidelines include a bulleted list of what should be reported and recorded in the patient records.
- Alphabetical organization of skills makes it easy to find information quickly, and each skill begins on a new page.
- A convenient pocket size and spiral binding allow the book to fit easily into your coat pocket and to stay open on the page you want.
Skill 1 Acapella Device
Skill 2 Apical-Radial Pulse
Skill 3 Aquathermia and Heating Pads
Skill 4 Aspiration Precautions
Skill 5 Assistive Device Ambulation (Use of Crutches, Cane, and Walker)
Skill 6 Automated External Defibrillator
Skill 7 Bladder Volume Measurement
Skill 8 Blood Administration
Skill 9 Blood Glucose Testing NEW!
Skill 10 Blood Pressure by Auscultation: Upper extremities, Lower extremities, Palpation
Skill 11 Blood Pressure: Automatic
Skill 12 Central Venous Access Device Care: CVC, Ports
Skill 13 Chest Tube Care
Skill 14 Cold Applications
Skill 15 Condom Catheter
Skill 16 Continuous Passive Motion Machine
Skill 17 Continuous Subcutaneous Infusion
Skill 18 Dressings: Dry and Moist-to-Dry,
Skill 19 Dressings: Hydrocolloid, Hydrogel, Foam, or Alginate
Skill 20 Dressings: Transparent
Skill 21 Ear Drop Administration
Skill 22 Ear Irrigations
Skill 23 Enemas
Skill 24 Enteral Nutrition via Gastrostomy or Jejunostomy Tube
Skill 25 Enteral Nutrition via a Nasoenteric Feeding Tube
Skill 26 Epidural Analgesia
Skill 27 Eye Irrigation
Skill 28 Eye Medications: Drops and Ointment
Skill 29 Fall Prevention in a Health Care Facility
Skill 30 Fecal Impaction: Removing Digitally
Skill 31 Hypothermia and Hyperthermia Blankets
Skill 32 Incentive Spirometery
Skill 33 Intradermal Injections
Skill 34 Intramuscular Injections
Skill 35 Intravenous Medications: Intermittent Infusion Sets and Mini-Infusion Pumps<B
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2015
- 28th April 2014
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: