Be prepared in any clinical setting with this portable, full-color, illustrated guide. Key information includes differential diagnosis tips, pediatric variations, sample documentation, and other helpful assessment data for quick reference. Separate chapters cover age-specific exams for infants, children, and adolescents, the healthy female evaluation, and reporting and documenting findings.
- The two-column format featuring Exam Techniques, Expected Findings, and Unexpected Findings provides quick and reliable reference to key exam steps.
- Over 250 full-color figures depicting anatomy and physiology, exam procedures, and normal and abnormal findings offer a visual guide to performing exams.
- Documentation examples promote concise yet thorough patient charting for each system exam.
- Aids to Differential Diagnosis Tables summarize distinguishing characteristics of abnormalities, making it easier to identify patients’ symptoms.
- Lists of the equipment required in preparation for each system exam facilitate efficiency in the practice setting.
- Color-coded tables highlight pediatric variations and provide quick-reference coverage of developmental considerations specific to pediatric patients.
Chapter 1: The History
Chapter 2: Mental Status
Chapter 3: Nutrition and Growth and Measurement
Chapter 4: Skin, Hair, and Nails
Chapter 5: Lymphatic System
Chapter 6: Head and Neck
Chapter 7: Eyes
Chapter 8: Ears, Nose, and Throat
Chapter 9: Chest and Lungs
Chapter 10: Heart
Chapter 11: Blood Vessels
Chapter 12: Breasts and Axillae
Chapter 13: Abdomen
Chapter 14: Female Genitalia
Chapter 15: Male Genitalia
Chapter 16: Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
Chapter 17: Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 18: Neurologic System
Chapter 19: Head-to-Toe Examination: Adult
Chapter 20: The Healthy Female Evaluation
Chapter 21: Age-Specific Examination: Infants, Children, and Adolescents
Chapter 22: Reporting and Recording
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2011
- 22nd February 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Trauma Systems Consultant, American College of Surgeons, Gaithersburg, MD
Associate Profesor and Advanced Practice Nursing Program Director; Manager, Professional Education for Prevention and Early Detection, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
Professor of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Medical Director, Harriet Lane Clinic, Division of General Pediatrics and Adolscent Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD