Prepare for NAPLEX® success on your first attempt! In this guide to the North American Pharmacy Licensure Examination, an outline format lets you review important test topics quickly and efficiently. Review questions cover areas such as the evaluation of patient conditions, communicating with the patient or healthcare professional, and preparing and dispensing medications safely and effectively. A companion CD lets you practice with two 185-question exams that mirror the NAPLEX®. Protect your investment in the NAPLEX® by using this unique review!
- Over 2,000 review questions are included in the book and on the companion CD, with each including answers and rationales.
- An outline format offers a focused, to-the-point yet comprehensive review.
- Organization by NAPLEX® content provides an effective review, with content proportional to the content on the actual exam.
- Patient-profile questions mirror those in the NAPLEX®, with each including a short scenario followed by multiple-choice questions.
- Preparing for the NAPLEX® chapter covers registration, fees, test and question structure, information on score results, and test-taking strategies.
- Up-to-date review includes the newest topics introduced by the NABP, such as Dietary Supplements, OTC products, and patient communication.
- Convenient appendices summarize drug interactions, important in answering the exam’s patient education questions.
- Two practice exams on CD include 185 multiple-choice questions in each, with rationales for correct answers, and can be taken in exam or study mode.
- Flashcards on CD provide an easy way to identify and review generic/brand-name drug products.
1. Preparing for the NAPLEX
Part I: Pharmaceutical Practice
2. Pharmaceutical Calculations
4. Drug Information Resources
6. Patient Education
7. Herbs and Dietary Supplements
8. Laboratory Tests
Part II: Pharmacotherapy in Practice
9. Anti-infective agents
10. Cardiovascular disorders
11. Dermatologic disorders
12. Endocrine disorders
13. Gastrointestinal disorders
16. Kidney disorders
18. Pain Management
19. Psychiatric Disorders
20. Respiratory Disorders
22. Seizure Disorder
23. Women's Health
24. Immunology and Vaccines
Part III: Consumer-Directed Healthcare
26. Nonprescription Products
Part IV: Miscellaneous Topics in Pharmacy Practice and Science
28. Basic pharmacokinetics
Appendix A: Drug Interactions
Appendix B: Federal Pharmacy Law
Appendix C: Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination
Answers and Rationales to Review Questions
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2010
- 20th April 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: