Mosby's Pharmacology in Nursing is the classic pharmacology text now made even better. Known for its comprehensive coverage of nursing pharmacology, the 22nd edition retains the strong nursing focus but now features a new student-friendly look in a case-study format to help students apply pharmacology concepts to real-world practice.
- Nursing process discussions include assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Nursing care plans for selected drug groups illustrate the application of relevant nursing diagnoses, corresponding outcome criteria, and nursing interventions.
- Separate Disorders Index alphabetically references disorders in the text to aid in integrating the text with medical-surgical nursing course content.
- Drug reference tables summarize key pharmacologic information (mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, dosages, etc.) and enhance the text's utility as a reference.
- Critical Thinking Questions at the end of each chapter help to reinforce key concepts; answer guidelines are included on the Evolve website.
- Provides pronunciation guides for generic drug names followed by U.S. and Canadian trade names. Canadian trade names are highlighted with a maple-leaf icon.
- Comprehensive index includes entries for every trade name, followed by the generic name in parentheses. Page numbers for drug monographs are highlighted in bold type.
- Highlights include Special Considerations for Children and Special Consideration for Older Adults boxes, Management of Drug Overdoses boxes, Cultural Considerations boxes, Pregnancy Safety boxes, Technology Link boxes, Complementary and Alternative Therapies boxes, and Community and Home Health Considerations boxes.
PART I BASIC CONCEPTS
UNIT 1 PRINCIPLES OF PHARMACOLOGY AND NURSING
Chapter 1 Orientation to Pharmacology
Chapter 2 Legal and Ethical Aspects of Medication Administration
Chapter 3 Principles of Drug Action
NEW! Chapter 4 Medication Errors
Chapter 5 The Nursing Process and Pharmacology
UNIT 2 BIOPSYCHOSOCIAL ASPECTS OF PHARMACOLOGY
Chapter 6 Biocultural Aspects of Drug Therapy
Chapter 7 Maternal and Child Drug Therapy
Chapter 8 Drug Therapy for Older Adults
Chapter 9 Substance Misuse and Abuse
Chapter 10 Client Education for Self-Administration of Medication
UNIT 3 CURRENT ISSUES IN PHARMACOLOGY
Chapter 11 Over-the-Counter Medications
Chapter 12 Complementary and Alternative Pharmacology
PART II CLINICAL CONCEPTS
UNIT 4 DRUGS AFFECTING THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
Chapter 13 Overview of the Central Nervous System
Chapter 14 Analgesics
Chapter 15 Anesthetics
Chapter 16 Antianxiety, Sedative, and Hypnotic Drugs
Chapter 17 Antiepileptic Drugs
Chapter 18 Central Nervous System Stimulants
Chapter 19 Psychotherapeutic Drugs
UNIT 5 DRUGS AFFECTING THE AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM
Chapter 20 Overview of the Autonomic Nervous System
Chapter 21 Drugs Affecting the Parasympathetic Nervous System and the Neurotransmitter Acetylcholine
Chapter 22 Drugs Affecting the Sympathetic (Adrenergic) Nervous System
Chapter 23 Drugs for Specific Dysfunctions of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems
UNIT 6 DRUGS AFFECTING THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
Chapter 24 Overview of the Cardiovascular System
Chapter 25 Cardiac Glycosides
Chapter 26 Antidysrhythmics
Chapter 27 Antihypertensives
Chapter 28 Vasodilators and Antihemorrheologic Agents
UNIT 7 DRUGS AFFECTING THE BLOOD
Chapter 29 Overview of the Blood
Chapter 30 Antiplatelets, Anticoagulants,
- eBook ISBN: