An ideal workplace companion, MOSBY'S SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY PDQ offers rapid access to all the essential information needed for surgical technology. It includes hundreds of essential facts, medical terms, full-color anatomical illustrations, and more, presented in short tables, boxes, and bulleted lists for quick access. The PDQ's pocket size lets you carry it for easy access, and its spiral binding allows you to lay it open at any given page. With this book, you'll always have key information on hand, and you'll gain confidence in your role as a surgical technologist.
- Quick access to key information includes topics such as pharmacology, supplies, and sutures.
- 80 full-color illustrations show positioning, preparations, and important anatomy.
- Core, need-to-know, basic information emphasizes preparation for operating room techniques and procedures.
- A pocket size and spiral binding make it easy to carry this quick reference in the pocket of your scrubs.
- Color tabs divide sections of the book, so you can find information quickly.
- Waterproof pages provide durability.
- A section on medical terminology and abbreviations covers terms specifically related to the operating room.
Chapter 1 Medical Terminology
Chapter 2 Basic Supplies
Chapter 3 Prepping and Positioning
Chapter 4 Anatomy
Chapter 5 Anatomy Illustrations
Chapter 6 Suture and Needles
Chapter 7 Basic Pharmacology
Chapter 8 Weights and Measures
Chapter 9 Basic Abbreviations
Chapter 10 Basic Sterilization
Chapter 11 Special Skills
Chapter 12 Anatomical Positions
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2007
- 14th November 2007
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Surgical Technology Instructor, Concorde Career Colleges, Inc., Aurora, CO
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.