Complete massage pathology information in one convenient text! Written by a massage therapist for massage therapists, Mosby's Pathology for Massage Therapists, 4th Edition provides direct information along with specific therapeutic recommendations. Coverage of over 300 pathologies shows you how to appropriately tailor treatment, and more than 500 full-color photographs make it easier to recognize common pathologies. This edition includes a new chapter on Hospital-based massage which covers protocols needed for therapists working with clients who are medically fragile. Written by massage therapy educator and practitioner Susan Salvo, this resource provides the pathology knowledge you need to succeed in the classroom and in your career.
- Coverage of over 300 pathologies provides you with ample information without being overwhelming.
- Over 500 full-color photographs helps you recognize common diseases and conditions.
- A user-friendly, comprehensive format makes it easy to find key information with learning objectives, list of pathologies, system overview, and pathologies, including description, etiology, signs and symptoms, treatment, and massage considerations.
- Caution boxes provide tips on prevention to keep practice safe and prepare students for emergency situations.
- Clinical Tips boxes provide brief, practical hints gleaned from the author’s first-hand experience in clinical practice.
- Medical Technology boxes highlight special populations, such as clients in wheelchairs or with pacemakers, and explain what the medical device is, and what special precautions or contraindications practitioners should be aware of before working on these clients.
- List of pathologies with page number references included on the inside front cover for fast lookup of pathologies.
1. Introduction to Pathology and Infection Control
2. Treatment Planning: Intake, Consent, and Documentation
3. Pharmacology and Massage Therapy
4. Dermatologic Pathologies
5. Musculoskeletal Pathologies
6. Neurologic Pathologies
7. Endocrine Pathologies
8. Cardiovascular Pathologies
9. Lymphatic and Immune Pathologies
10. Respiratory Pathologies
11. Gastrointestinal Pathologies
12. Urinary Pathologies
13. Reproductive Pathologies, Conditions, and Sexually Transmitted Infections
14. Oncology Massage
15. Mental Disorders
16. Geriatric Massage
17. Hospital-based Massage Therapy
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2018
- 2nd October 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Susan G. Salvo is a massage therapist with more than 30 years of experience. As an author, Susan has written best-selling massage textbooks and created online courses and instructional videos. She has a master’s degree in Educational Leadership and Instructional Technology and is enthusiastic about bringing 21st century resources into the classroom.
Co-Owner, Co-Director, and Instructor, Louisiana Institute of Massage Therapy; Veteran Massage Therapist, Lake Charles, Louisiana
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.