As of August 1, 2012, Elsevier has discontinued publishing Paramedic, EMT and Fire titles in its Emergency Medical Services product line. All Student Resources for these products can now be accessed at: <a href="http://ems.jbpub.com/sanders/paramedichttp://ems.jbpub.com/sanders/paramedic">http://ems.jbpub.com/sanders/paramedic</a>. All existing instructor-led courses prior to November 1, 2012 will remain active until September 1, 2014.
- More than 1,000 illustrations -- including 150 that are NEW -- accurately present different techniques and skills.
- Chapter openers, objectives and key terms set the stage for learning.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) skills are presented step by step and in full color.
- Critical thinking questions help in understanding concepts and in applying them to patient care.
- A summary and a list of references in each chapter make review easier.
- A herbal appendix in the pharmacology chapter provides access to herbal content.
- Drug monographs on the Evolve companion website include Mosby's Essential Drugs, with instant access to comprehensive, up-to-date information on the medications that are administered by paramedics as well as those most commonly prescribed to patients.
Part One: Preparatory
1. EMS Systems: Roles, Responsibilities, and Professionalism
2. Well-Being of the Paramedic
3. Injury Prevention and Public Health NEW!
5. EMS Communications
6. Medical and Legal Issues
8. Research Principles and Evidence-Based Practice NEW!
Part Two: Anatomy and Physiology
9. Medical Terminology NEW!
10. Review of Human Systems
11. General Principles of Pathophysiology
12. Life Span Development
Part Three: Pharmacology
13. Principles of Pharmacology and Emergency Medications
14. Venous Access and Medication Administration
Part Four: Airway
15. Airway Management, Respiration, and Artificial Ventilation
Part Five: Patient Assessment
16. Scene Size Up NEW!
17. Therapeutic Communications
18. History Taking
19. Primary Assessment NEW!
20. Secondary Assessment and Reassessment NEW!
21. Clinical Decision Making
Part Six: Cardiovascular
Part Seven: Medical
23. Diseases of the Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat NEW!
27. Immunology NEW!
28. Infectious and Communicable Disease
29. Abdominal and Gastrointestinal Disorders
30. Genitourinary and Renal Disorders
33. Nontraumatic Musculoskeletal Disorders NEW!
35. Behavioral and Psychiatric Disorders
Part Eight: Shock and Resuscitation
36. Pathophysiology and Management of Shock
Part Nine: Trauma
37. Trauma Overview and Mechanism of Injury
38. Bleeding and Soft Tissue Trauma
40. Head, Face, and Neck Trauma
41. Spine and Nervous System Trauma
42. Chest Trauma
43. Abdominal Trauma
44. Orthopedic Trauma
45. Environmental Conditions
Part Ten: Special Patient Populations
47. Neonatal Care
50. Abuse and Neglect
51. Patients with Special Challenges
52. Acute Interventions for Home Care
Part 11: EMS Operations
53. Ground and Air Ambulance Operations
54. Medical Incident Command
55. Rescue Awareness and Operations
56. Crime Scene Awareness
57. Hazardous Materials Awareness
58. Bioterrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction
59. Putting it All Together: Assessment-Based Management
Appendix: Advanced Practice Procedures in Critical Care NEW!
Emergency Drug Index
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby/JEMS 2012
- 1st December 2011
- Hardcover ISBN:
EMS Training Specialist, St. Charles, MO
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.