As of August 1, 2012, Elsevier has discontinued publishing Paramedic, EMT and Fire titles in its Emergency Medical Services product line. All Student Resources for these products can now be accessed at: <a href="http://ems.jbpub.com/sanders/paramedichttp://ems.jbpub.com/sanders/paramedic">http://ems.jbpub.com/sanders/paramedic</a>. All existing instructor-led courses prior to November 1, 2012 will remain active until September 1, 2014.
- More than 1,000 illustrations -- including 150 that are NEW -- accurately present different techniques and skills.
- Chapter openers, objectives and key terms set the stage for learning.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) skills are presented step by step and in full color.
- Critical thinking questions help in understanding concepts and in applying them to patient care.
- A summary and a list of references in each chapter make review easier.
- A herbal appendix in the pharmacology chapter provides access to herbal content.
- Drug monographs on the Evolve companion website include Mosby's Essential Drugs, with instant access to comprehensive, up-to-date information on the medications that are administered by paramedics as well as those most commonly prescribed to patients.
Part One: Preparatory
1. EMS Systems: Roles, Responsibilities, and Professionalism
2. Well-Being of the Paramedic
3. Injury Prevention and Public Health NEW!
5. EMS Communications
6. Medical and Legal Issues
8. Research Principles and Evidence-Based Practice NEW!
Part Two: Anatomy and Physiology
9. Medical Terminology NEW!
10. Review of Human Systems
11. General Principles of Pathophysiology
12. Life Span Development
Part Three: Pharmacology
13. Principles of Pharmacology and Emergency Medications
14. Venous Access and Medication Administration
Part Four: Airway
15. Airway Management, Respiration, and Artificial Ventilation
Part Five: Patient Assessment
16. Scene Size Up NEW!
17. Therapeutic Communications
18. History Taking
19. Primary Assessment NEW!
20. Secondary Assessment and Reassessment NEW!
21. Clinical Decision Making
Part Six: Cardiovascular
Part Seven: Medical
23. Diseases of the Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat NEW!
27. Immunology NEW!
28. Infectious and Communicable Disease
29. Abdominal and Gastrointestinal Disorders
30. Genitourinary and Renal Disorders
33. Nontraumatic Musculoskeletal Disorders NEW!
35. Behavioral and Psychiatric Disorders
Part Eight: Shock
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby/JEMS 2012
- 1st December 2011
- Hardcover ISBN:
EMS Training Specialist, St. Charles, MO