Get quick access to the most important information surrounding cancer and oncology nursing care with Mosby’s Oncology Nursing Advisor, 2nd Edition. Covering everything from the various types of cancer and cancer treatment options to patient education and nursing best-practices, this indispensable nursing guide is like getting seven books in one! Plus, its user-friendly layout and straightforward coverage make it ideal for use in any clinical setting. With 17 new chapters, updated evidence-based content throughout, and proven patient teaching handouts, this new edition offers the authoritative guidance you need to provide the best possible oncology nursing care.
- Detailed descriptions of over 50 major cancer types provide essential information on incidence, etiology and risk factors, signs and symptoms, diagnostic workup, histology, staging, treatment, prognosis, and prevention.
- Coverage of cancer management principles outlines a wide range of treatment and pharmacologic modalities, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy, immunotherapy, and complementary and alternative therapies.
- Symptom management guidelines offer in-depth coverage of pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, assessment tools, lab and diagnostic tests, differential diagnoses, interventions, patient education, follow up care, and resources for over 30 common symptoms associated with cancer and cancer treatments.
- Essential information on many oncologic emergencies and emergent issues prepares readers to respond quickly to structural, metabolic, and hematologic emergencies.
- Section on palliative care and end-of-life issues offers helpful guidelines for dealing with topics related to survivorship, palliative care, the final hours of the cancer patient, and loss, grief, and bereavement.
Section One: INTRODUCTION
Section Two: MAJOR CANCERS
Central Nervous System Cancers
Gastrointestinal System Cancers
Head and Neck Cancers
Neuroendocrine Cancers NEW!
Section Three: PRINCIPLES OF CANCER MANAGEMENT
Tumor Treating Fields NEW!
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
Oral Adherence NEW!
Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Clinical Trials NEW!
Section Four: PRINCIPLES OF SYMPTOM MANAGEMENT
Arthralgias and Myalgias
Dizziness and Vertigo
Hypersensitivity Reactions NEW!
Nail Changes NEW!
Nausea and Vomiting
Ocular/Visual Changes NEW!
Section Five: ONCOLOGIC EMERGENCIES
Section Six: PALLIATIVE CARE AND END-OF-LIFE ISSUES
Loss, Grief, and Bereavement
Section Seven. NURSING PRACTICE CONSIDERATIONS NEW!
Quality and Safety NEW!
Evidence-Based Practice NEW!
Patient Navigation NEW!
Patient Education NEW!
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2017
- 5th October 2016
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Vice President, Health Management Solutions, Quintiles, Dayton, OH
Senior Director, Novartis Oncology, East Hanover, New Jersey
Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist and Nurse Scientist, Billings Clinic, Billings, Montana