Mosby's Nursing Skills Video: Care of Infants and Children presents the most commonly performed pediatric procedures in a compelling, easy-to-use visual format that helps you maximize your understanding. This DVD set features video clips that walk you through essential skills such as taking vital signs and measurement of an infant, positioning and restraining, and administering injections, plus detailed 3-D animations that show you key principles of pediatric anatomy and physiology.
- Video procedures guide you through every facet of each skill, providing visual and auditory reinforcement of essential concepts.
- Printable, illustrated step-by-step checklists provide portable quick-reference guides.
- 3-D animation clips help you visualize the inner functions of the body for enhanced understanding.
- NCLEX review questions related to the video content test your mastery of these clinical skills.
- Overviews and preparation/follow-up guidelines provide quick access to information on equipment and patient instructions.
- Documentation forms and examples identify standards and protocols for accuracy, safety, and legality of each procedure.
Documentation of Nursing Care and Receiving Informed Consent
Vital Signs and Measurements of an Infant
Vital Signs and Measurement of a Child
Visual and Hearing Acuity Screening
Assessing Pain in an Infant
Assessing Pain in a Child
Positioning and Restraint
Positioning a Child for Intravenous Access or Injection
Applying a Papoose Restraint
Transporting an Infant with a Disability
Transporting a Child with a Disability
Collecting Blood Samples
Collecting Urine and Stool Samples
Obtaining a Sample for a Wound Culture and Irrigating a Wound
Obtaining a Sample for a Throat Culture
Administering Medications by the Oral, Nasal, Rectal, and Topical Routes
Administering an Intradermal Injection
Administering an Intramuscular Injection
Administering a Subcutaneous Injection
Administering Intravenous Medication and Fluids
Administering Ophthalmic Medication and Performing Eye Irrigation
Administering Otic Medication and Performing Ear Irrigation
Administering Aerosol Therapy and Using a Metered-Dose Inhaler
Accessing a Peripheral Vein
Attaching a Medication Lock and Infusing Medication
Accessing and Managing a Central Venous Catheter Site
Using Oxygen Delivery Systems
Placement of ECG Electrodes
Monitoring Peak Expiratory Flow Rates
Performing Tracheostomy Care
Performing Endotracheal Tube Care
Performing Bag-Valve-Mask Ventilation
Performing Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Performing Nasal-Oral Suctioning
Performing Postural Drainage
- © Mosby 2007
- 29th August 2007
- eBook ISBN: