- Print ISBN 9780323088633
- Electronic ISBN 9780323088619
- 130 skills are demonstrated step by step, including over 11 hours of video.
- Procedure videos clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform each skill, and include printable procedure guidelines.
- Checklists in PDF format are included for each skill.
- A consistent format for each skill provides easy access to information:
- Safety includes key safety considerations for the specific skills.
- Delegation clarifies the RN’s role and the tasks that may be assigned to other personnel.
- Equipment features a hot-spot photo of all equipment required for a procedure, identifying each piece when rolled over by the cursor.
- Documentation provides guidelines and examples of what and how to document care as well as the patient’s response.
- Follow-up care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions.
- NCLEX exam-style review questions for each skill include rationales for all options to help you review and evaluate your comprehension.
Basic Infection Control
Performing hand hygiene
Using Personal Protective Equipment
Performing a complete and partial bed bath
Assisting with a tub bath or shower
Performing back massage
Performing perineal care for the female patient
Performing perineal care for the male patient
Making the unoccupied bed
Making the occupied bed
NEW! Making the surgical bed
Safe Patient Handling
Assisting with moving a patient in bed
Assisting with positioning a patient in bed
Transferring from bed to wheelchair using a transfer belt
Transferring from bed to a stretcher
Performing passive range-of-motion exercises
Applying elastic stockings
Assisting with ambulation using a gait belt
Using a sequential compression device
Using a hydraulic lift
Assisting with Elimination
Assisting with a urinal
Assisting with a bedpan
Applying a condom catheter
Administering a cleansing enema
Providing catheter care
Nutrition & Fluids
Assisting with meals
Taking aspiration precautions
Measuring intake and output
Personal Hygiene & Grooming
Performing oral hygiene for an unconscious patient
Performing hair care and shampooing in bed
Shaving a male patient
Performing nail and foot care
Assisting with gown change
Taking a temperature
Assessing radial pulse
Assessing apical pulse
Assessing apical-radial pulse
- © 2014
- 9th August 2013
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: