- Print ISBN 9780323088602
- Procedure videos clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform each skill, and include printable procedure guidelines.
- Checklists in PDF format are included for each skill.
- A consistent format for each skill provides easy access to information:
- Safety includes key safety considerations for the specific skills.
- Delegation clarifies the RN’s role and the tasks that may be assigned to other personnel.
- Equipment features a hot-spot photo of all equipment required for a procedure, identifying each piece when rolled over by the cursor.
- Documentation provides guidelines and examples of what and how to document care as well as the patient’s response.
- Follow-up care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions.
- NCLEX exam-style review questions for each skill include rationales for all options to help you review and evaluate your comprehension.
Establishing & maintaining sterile field
Adding items to a sterile field
Pouring a sterile solution
Using a pre-packaged sterile kit
Performing sterile gloving
Inserting a nasogastric tube
Providing enteral feedings
Removing a feeding tube
Pouching a colostomy
Pouching a ureterostomy
Respiratory Care and Suctioning
Ensuring oxygen safety
Setting oxygen flow rates
Applying a nasal cannula or face mask
Maintaining an airway
Providing tracheostomy care
Performing oropharyngeal suctioning
Performing nasotracheal suctioning
Suctioning an artificial airway
Preoperative Nursing Care
Performing a preoperative assessment
Promoting family support and participation
Teaching postoperative exercises and pain management
Preparing a patient for surgery
Postoperative Nursing Care
Providing postoperative care
Managing a nasogastric tube
Collecting a midstream urine specimen
Performing fecal occult blood testing
Performing gastroccult and gastric pH testing
Collecting a sputum specimen
Collecting a specimen for wound culture
Performing blood glucose testing
Screening urine for chemical properties
Urinary Catheter Management
Inserting an indwelling urinary catheter in a female patient
Inserting an indwelling urinary catheter in a male patients
Irrigating a urinary catheter
- © 2014
- 30th September 2013
- Print ISBN: