This version of the videos is for institutional purchase, and includes networkable files that are loaded onto your institution’s server for student access.
With high-definition videos demonstrating how to perform nursing procedures, Mosby's Nursing Video Skills provides up-to-date, step-by-step instructions for the most important nursing skills. Printable procedure checklists and interactive screens of required equipment make it easier to learn and remember skills, and new animations show what’s happening inside the patient’s body. For each skill, NCLEX exam-style review questions help you assess your knowledge. Nursing video skills DVDs are compatible with all computers, tablets, and smartphones!
- Procedure videos clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform each skill, and include printable procedure guidelines.
- Checklists in PDF format are included for each skill.
- A consistent format for each skill provides easy access to information:
- Safety includes key safety considerations for the specific skills.
- Delegation clarifies the RN’s role and the tasks that may be assigned to other personnel.
- Equipment features a hot-spot photo of all equipment required for a procedure, identifying each piece when rolled over by the cursor.
- Documentation provides guidelines and examples of what and how to document care as well as the patient’s response.
- Follow-up care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions.
- NCLEX exam-style review questions for each skill include rationales for all options to help you review and evaluate your comprehension.
Safe Medication Administration
The Six Rights of Medication Administration
Administering oral medication
Documenting medication administration
Handling variations in medication administration
Preventing medication errors
Use of specialty medication administration systems
Applying topical medications
Applying an estrogen patch or nitroglycerin paste
Administering eye medications
Use of metered-dose inhaler (MDI)
Use of dry powder inhaler (DPI)
Insertion of rectal suppository
Preparing injections from an ampule
Preparing injections from a vial
Drawing up more than one type of insulin
Administering an intradermal injections
Administering a subcutaneous injections
Administering an intramuscular injections
Administering Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Preparing an infusion site
Performing venipuncture and initiating infusion
Dressing infusion site
Troubleshooting intravenous infusions
Discontinuing intravenous therapy
Managing Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Regulating intravenous infusions
Using an infusion pumps
Changing intravenous tubing and fluids
Changing intravenous dressings
Administering medication by intravenous piggyback
Administering medications by mini-infusion pump
Administering medications by intravenous bolus
NEW! Transfusion of Blood and Blood Products
Preparing for Transfus
- © Mosby 2014
- 30th September 2013
- eBook ISBN: