Plan care and prepare for clinicals with Mosby's Nursing Drug Cards, 22nd Edition! More than 360 durable cards make it easy to find pharmacologic details and nursing management guidelines for over 750 generic and 600 brand-name drugs. Each 4 x 6 card provides essential nursing information including descriptions, use(s), mechanism(s), pharmacokinetics, side/adverse effects, contraindications/precautions, interactions, dosing, and nursing management priorities. Organized alphabetically, Mosby's Nursing Drug Cards provide quick access to the information you need to prepare care plans and review medication orders.
- More than 360 colorful 4"x 6" cards include cards for individual drugs plus drug category cards for 65 categories of drugs.
- Coverage of over 750 generic and over 600 brand-name drugs provides one-stop access to the information most needed for clinical practice.
- Concise entries feature generic name, pronunciation, category, pregnancy category, brand name, dosage forms, use(s), mechanism(s), pharmacokinetics, side/adverse effects, contraindications/precautions, interactions, dosing, and nursing management priorities.
- Black Box Warnings highlight high-alert drugs.
- NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses for all drug categories familiarize you with the application of nursing diagnoses in pharmacology.
- Convenient appendix provides access to additional drug information such as antagonists and antidotes, nutritional supplements, and look-alike/sound-alike drug names.
- Common conversion formulas are found on the inside lid of the box.
Management of ingested drug overdose
Critical Thinking card
A. Antagonists and Antidotes, flumazenil
B. Antagonists and Antidotes, naloxone
C. Antagonists and Antidotes, digoxin immune fab
D. Drug dosages calculations
E. Look-alike/sound-alike drug names
F. Nutritional supplements
- eBook ISBN:
Professional Nurse Educator, School of Nursing, Jameson Memorial Hospital, New Castle, PA