Get a head start in becoming a pharmacology pro with Mosby's Nursing Drug Cards! More than 375 pre-made cards make it easy to find pharmacologic details and nursing management guidelines for over 750 generic and 600 brand-name drugs. Each durable 4 x 6-inch card lists the most up-to-date nursing information — including descriptions, use(s), mechanism(s), pharmacokinetics, side/adverse effects, contraindications/precautions, interactions, dosing, and nursing management priorities. Organized alphabetically, these all-in-one cards are your portable way to drug proficiency!
- Coverage of over 750 generic and 600 brand-name drugs provides one-stop access to the information most needed for clinical practice.
- Alphabetic organization helps you find information quickly.
- Portable 4x6-inch cards are smaller than most drug cards and fit easily into a pocket.
- Consistent format features a drug’s generic name, pronunciation, category, pregnancy category, brand name, dosage forms, use, action, pharmacokinetics, side/adverse effects, contraindications, interactions, dosage, and nursing management priorities.
- Black Box Warnings highlight high-alert drugs.
- Nursing management priorities follow a nursing process format: assess, diagnose, implement, and evaluate.
- Comprehensive index contains generic and trade names, drug classes and combination products.
- Tall Man lettering offers an easy, visual way to differentiate between similar drug names.
- Drug side effects information distinguishes between common and life-threatening side effects for drugs.
- Critical Thinking fill-in-the-blank card may be used on any drug prompting you to think about the drug category, action, patient teaching, and more.
- NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses for all drug categories show the application of nursing diagnoses in pharmacology.
- Information on nutritional supplements found in the appendix includes information on both herbal and non-herbal supplements.
- Drug interaction information includes subheadings for drug, food, and laboratory interactions.
- Drug pronunciations are listed for each generic drug and drug category.
- Common conversion formulas are found on the inside lid of the box.
- Dosage calculation formulas are listed in the appendix.
- Blank card template lets you create additional cards.
Drug card explanation
Contributors and Reviewers
Trade Drugs Available in Canada
Critical Thinking Card
A. Antagonists and Antidotes: flumazenil
B. Antagonists and Antidotes: naloxone
C. Drug Dosage Calculations
D. Look-alike/Sound-alike Drug Names
E. Nutritional Supplements
F. Management of Ingested Drug Overdose
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2016
- 23rd June 2015
- eBook ISBN:
Professional Nurse Educator, School of Nursing, Jameson Memorial Hospital, New Castle, PA
Professor Emeritus, College of Staten Island, City University of New York, Staten Island, NY