Binder-Ready Edition: This loose-leaf copy of the full text is a convenient, accessible, and customizable alternative to the bound book. With this binder-ready edition, students can personalize the text to match their unique needs!
Make sense of complex medical terms with this comprehensive reference! Mosby’s Medical Dictionary, 11th Edition includes more than 56,000 authoritative definitions along with 2,450 illustrations — that’s twice the number of images found in other medical dictionaries. Appendixes in the book and online make it easy to look up frequently used information, and an enhanced eBook version includes animations, audio pronunciations, and more. Helping you communicate more effectively in the workplace, this reference is an indispensable reference for students, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
- More than 56,000 entries offer detailed definitions, as well as the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
- More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Color Atlas of Human Anatomy includes clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P reference.
- Convenient alphabetical organization makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
- Detailed appendixes provide useful information on lab values, pharmacology and clinical calculations, NIC and NOC, infection control standards, and more that can be used throughout your healthcare career.
I. Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
II. Definitions A-Z
III. Illustration Credits
IV. Appendixes (at back of book)
1. Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC)
2. Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC)
3. Units of Measurement
4. Language Translation Guide
5. American Sign Language and Communications
6. Normal Reference Values
8. Pharmacology and Clinical Calculations
9. Range of Motion
10. Infection Control: CDC Isolation Guidelines
11. Diagnosis-Related Groups
Appendixes (on endsheets)
Spanish-French-English Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
The Joint Commission Do Not Use Abbreviation List
Appendixes (on Evolve)
Herbs and Natural Supplements
Immunizations: Recommended Immunization Schedule, Canada 2012
Immunizations: Recommended Immunization Schedule, United States 2012
Normal Reference Laboratory Values
Symbols and Abbreviations
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2021
- 3rd May 2021
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.