So much more than just a bestselling dictionary, Mosby’s Medical Dictionary, 9th Edition is a one-stop reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 56,000 authoritative definitions, quick-reference appendixes, a color atlas of the human body, and more than 2,450 full-color illustrations — nearly three times more than any other dictionary available — making it an indispensable reference for health care consumers and professionals alike.
- UNIQUE! More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions include expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures.
- A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
- Quick-reference appendixes offer quick access to useful reference information, such as commonly used abbreviations, language translation guides, American sign language, and more.
- A strict, common-sense alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
- American Sign Language and Manual Communication
- Common Abbreviations Used in Writing Prescriptions
- Spanish-French-English Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
- Commonly Used Abbreviations
- The Joint Commission Do Not Use List
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2013
- 25th September 2012
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.