Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison’s Disease, Adrenocortical Insufficiency),
Aldosteronism, Primary ( Hyperaldosteronism, Conn’s Syndrome)
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
Aneurysm, Aortic (Abdominal Thoracic)
Anorectal Abscess, Fistula, and Fissure
Aortic Regurgitation (Incompetence, Insufficiency)
Aortic Valve Stenosis
Aplastic Anemia (Hypoplastic anemia)
Arrhythmia (Sinus Bradycardia, Heart Block, Junctional Rhythm, Sinus Tachycardia, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation, Ventricular Tachycardia, Ventricular Fibrillation)
Arthritis (Rheumatoid, Osteoarthritis)
Arthroscopy (Diagnostic, Surgical)
Blindness (Visual Impairment)
Bone Marrow Harvest
Bone Marrow Suppression,
Bone Marrow Transplantation,
Bowel Obstruction and Resection with Anastomosis,
Breast Surgery (Mastectomy, Lumpectomy)
Buerger's Disease (Thromboangiitis Obliterans)
Cancer: General Care
Carpal Tunnel Release
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Cataract and Cataract Surgery
Catheter Ablation NEW!
Charcot's Syndrome (Neurogenic Arthropathy)
Chest trauma (Flail chest)
Colorectal Cancer (Colon Cancer)
COPD: Chronic Obstr
This practical resource provides instant access to a wealth of essential patient teaching information for patients with common diseases and disorders, as well as those who are undergoing diagnostic testing or a medical or surgical procedure. It features coverage of more than 200 diseases, disorders, and procedures — including 30 new or extensively revised in this edition. A special section on home care procedures provides comprehensive guidance on preparing a discharge teaching plan and providing care in the home.
- A convenient alphabetical organization with colored A-Z thumb tabs for quick reference in the clinical setting.
- Two-color design highlights important information.
- Information on more than 200 diseases, disorders, and procedures — including 30 new or extensively revised in this edition.
- Extensive home care content, including comprehensive guidelines for preparing a discharge teaching plan.
- Helpful lists of diagnostic test results for specific diseases.
- Clear explanations of therapeutic management, including surgery and medications.
- Easy-to-understand language with no specific nursing terminology makes it ideal for a broad range of health professionals.
- eBook ISBN:
Cardiovascular Clinical Specialist Administrative Coordinator, Ahmanson-UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Lecturer, UCLA School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA, USA