With an increasing number of patients combining herbal treatments with prescribed medications, reliable information on herb/supplement and pharmaceutical interactions is much needed. This portable reference is organized alphabetically by drug name and features an entry for each drug-herb/drug-supplement combination that has a proven interaction. Each entry is rated on a scale of 1 to 4 to show the severity of the interaction and includes information on related drugs, an interaction summary, a discussion of the interaction, management suggestions, and references. In addition to the core material, there are also several helpful appendices on interactions by herb or supplement, nutrient depletions, and drug-herb add-on depressant interactions.
- Evidence-based content includes the most up-to-date, current research on herb/supplement and pharmaceutical interactions.
- A unique rating scale uses scientific evidence to grade the level of interaction expected.
- References are included for each drug-herb/drug-supplement combination.
- A logical organization enables the reader to find information quickly.
- Several appendices provide information on interactions by herb or supplement, nutrient depletions, and drug-herb add-on depressant interactions.
Aluminum Hydroxide–Calcium Citrate
Clonidine–Yohimbe (Source of Yohimbine)
Cyclosporine–St. John's Wort
Digoxin–Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus/"Siberian" Ginseng)
Digoxin–St. John's Wort
Estrogen–Ginseng (Panax ginseng)
Etoposide–St. John's Wort
Glyburide–Ginseng (Panax ginseng, Panax quinquefolius)
Indinavir–St. John's Wort
Iron Salts–Beverage Teas
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2003
- 16th October 2002
- Paperback ISBN: