- Coverage of preferred practice pattern key areas - including musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular and pulmonary, and integumentary - prepare you for situations you’ll encounter in practice.
- Charts, tables, lists, and figures offer easy access to critical information, perfect for fast access in the field.
- Content on adult, pediatric and geriatric populations prepare you to provide the best care for each patient.
- Drug monographs include essential information on drugs that may affect physical therapy intervention.
- Tools for Practice section features important tools for clinical use including content on vital signs, lab values, common ICD-9 codes, American Sign Language, Spanish terminology, and drug monographs.
- A vibrant, full-color, user-friendly design with over 130 illustrations and color-coded sections makes it easy to find and understand information.
- Convenient, take-along format lays flat for easy reference in the busy clinical setting.
Organs and Other Anatomical Features
Muscle Origin, Insertion, and Innervation
Anatomical Directional Terms
Cranial Nerve Function
SECTION TWO: EXAMINATION
History and Review of Systems
Sample Upper Quarter Examination Sequence
Sample Lower Quarter Examination Sequence
Tests and Measures
Tests and Measures Used in the Physical Therapy Examination
Pediatric Physical Therapy Assessments
Sample List of Examination Tools
Example of an Assessment Form
Faulty postures: Kyphosis-lordosis, swayback, and flatback compared with ideal alignment.
Joint Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing
Procedures for Measuring Joint Range of Motion and Muscle Length
Suggested Values for Normal ROM for Joints of the Upper and Lower Extremity in Adults Based on Analysis of Existing Data
Traditionally Quoted Values for Normal ROM for Joints of the Upper and Lower Extremity in Adults
Traditionally Quoted Values for Normal ROM of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine in Adults
Suggested Values for Normal ROM of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine in Adults
Suggested Values for Normal ROM of Cervical Spine in Adults
Muscle Test Grades
Example of a Pain Assessment Tool
Three Standard Spasticity Scale
Modified Ashworth Scale
Spasm Frequency Score
Key muscle groups
Apprehension Test of the Shoulder (Crank Test)