Designed for shorter programs of 85 hours or fewer, Mosby's Essentials for Nursing Assistants, 5th Edition provides coverage of the concepts and skills that are essential to becoming a nursing assistant. With focus on quality of life in the patient/person and self-pride in the nursing assistant this concise text emphasizes the importance of treating residents with respect while providing safe, competent, and efficient care.
- Delegation Guidelines identify the nursing assistant's specific responsibilities in accepting commonly delegated tasks.
- Promoting Safety and Comfort boxes highlight important considerations for providing safe and effective care while promoting patient comfort.
- Procedures boxes are divided into step-by-step format with instructions for performing each skill, including Quality of Life courtesies, Pre-procedure, Procedure, and Post-Procedure sections to make learning critical skills easier.
- Focus on PRIDE boxes highlight personal and professional responsibility, rights and respect, independence and social interaction, delegation and teamwork, and ethics and laws, encouraging you to promote pride in the person, family, and yourself.
- Quality of Life reminders in the procedure boxes reinforce the simple courtesies that should be afforded to all patients, demonstrating how to show respect for the patient as a person.
- NNAAP in the Procedure Title Bar alerts you to skills that are part of the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program.
- Concise coverage of nursing assistant content that’s ideal and easy to use in classes with shorter hour requirements.
- Detailed illustrations offer step-by-step visual guidelines for performing key procedures.
1. Introduction to Hospitals and Nursing Centers
2. The Person’s Rights NEW
3. The Nursing Assistant
4. Work Ethics
5. Communicating with the Health Team
6. Understanding the Person
7. Body Structure and Function
8. Caring for the Older Person
9. Assisting with Safety
10. Assisting with Fall Prevention
11. Assisting with Restraint Alternatives and Safe Restraint Use
12. Preventing Infection
13. Body Mechanics
14. Assisting with Moving and Transferring
15. Assisting With Comfort
16. Assisting With Hygiene
17. Assisting With Grooming
18. Assisting With Urinary Elimination
19. Assisting With Bowel Elimination
20. Assisting With Nutrition and Fluids
21. Assisting With Assessment
22. Assisting With Specimens
23. Assisting With Exercise and Activity
24. Assisting With Wound Care
25. Assisting with Pressure Ulcers NEW
26. Assisting With Oxygen Needs
27. Assisting With Rehabilitation and Restorative Care
28. Caring for Persons With Common Health Problems
29. Caring for Persons With Mental Health Problems
30. Caring for Persons With Confusion and Dementia
31. Assisting With Emergency Care
32. Assisting with End-of-Life Care
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2014
- 21st November 2013
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: