From the most-trusted name in nursing comes the drug handbook designed especially for students. Mosby's Drug Guide for Nursing Students, 13th Edition provides you with the latest information on more than 4,000 generic and trade name drugs — including 42 new FDA-approved drugs. Drug monographs are arranged alphabetically, and each includes clear dosing, administration, and nursing process information, so you are ready for clinicals. In fact, what sets this handbook apart is its detailed coverage of rationales and explanations, drug-specific nursing diagnoses, IV drugs, and medication safety which help you understand how families of drugs work. From nursing pharmacology expert Linda Skidmore-Roth, this full-color guide also includes a companion website with additional monographs, recently approved drugs, and Canadian resources!!
- More than 4,000 generic and trade-name drugs are profiled, covering almost every drug you will administer in practice or in clinicals.
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- Alert icon highlights the most critical drug interactions and side effects.
- Bold headings in coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are logically organized by body system, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, and a full-color design highlights important information.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
- Cross-references indicate drug information that may be found in the appendixes.
Individual Drugs in A-Z Format
A. Selected New Drugs
B. Ophthalmic, Nasal, Topical, and Otic Products
C. Vaccines and Toxoids
E. Immunization Schedules
F. Standard Precautions
G. Illustrated Mechanisms and Sites of Action
H. Photo Atlas of Drug Administration
Endsheet: Nomogram for Calculation of Body Surface Area
Endsheet: Syringe Compatibility
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2019
- 25th April 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP
Consultant, Littleton, CO; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM; El Paso Community College, El Paso, TX