Get the latest research and easy access to today’s most important diagnostic and lab tests! Known for its accuracy, currency, and clear, easy-to-use format, Mosby’s Diagnostic & Laboratory Test Reference 14th Edition features concise test entries that are arranged alphabetically and reflect the latest in diagnostic and lab testing and research. This new edition adds 15 tests with vital information such as alternate or abbreviated test names, test explanation, normal and abnormal findings, possible critical values, and guidelines to patient care before, during, and after the test. Plus, all related tests are cross-referenced throughout the book to simplify lookup. A compact size, durable cover, and A-to-Z thumb tabs make this market-leading book ideal for everyday use in the classroom and on the job!
- Alphabetically organized tests offer quick reference with A-to-Z thumb tabs, so you will never have to search for a test by having to first determine its correct category or body system.
- Normal findings for adult, elderly, and pediatric patients are included where applicable.
- Abnormal findings are highlighted with directional arrows to show increased or decreased test results.
- Convenient appendix lists tests by body system and test type, making it easy to quickly locate related studies.
- A durable cover with rounded edges helps prevent the book from being damaged and makes it easier to handle.
- Each test entry begins on a new page, making tests easy to find.
- Possible critical values are highlighted to show situations requiring immediate intervention.
- Icon for patient teaching-related care indicates information that should be shared with patients and their families.
- User’s Guide to Test Preparation and Performance provides an overview and guidelines for each type of laboratory test and diagnostic procedure, so you can minimize worry about having to repeat a test due to an error.
- Abbreviations for tests are listed in the back of the book, and symbols and units of measurement are listed in an appendix.
- Cross-referencing of related tests makes them easy to find.
User’s Guide to Test Preparation and Procedures
Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests (presented in alphabetical order)
Appendix A: List of Tests by Body System
Appendix B: List of Tests by Type
Appendix C: Disease and Organ Panels
Appendix D: Symbols and Units of Measurement
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2018
- 14th May 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Kathleen D. Pagana has been a leader in healthcare for more than 40 years, with experiences including college teaching, administration, clinical practice, business management, writing, and professional speaking. She is a Certified Speaking Professional and speaks at national and international conferences.
Professor Emeritus, Department of Nursing, Lycoming College; President, Pagana Keynotes and Presentations, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Timothy J. Pagana is a retired Medical Director at the Kathryn Candor Lundy Breast Health Center, Susquehanna Health System, Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
Medical Director, The Kathryn Candor Lundy Breast Health Center and The SurgiCenter, Susquehanna Health System, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Theresa Pagana is an emergency medical physician at Virtua Voorhees Hospital, Voorhees, New Jersey and an author on both the Reference and the Manual. Her role in both has increased over the editions as Tim Pagana continues to scale back his role as an author.
Emergency Medicine Physician, Virtua Voorhees Hospital, Voorhees, New Jersey
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.