- Case Studies and Case Applications in every chapter help the student connect theoretical clinical content with real life situations and apply the text material.
- Dental Considerations feature notes special techniques or concepts that can be used in the dental office.
- At-a-Glance overviews in each chapter opener allow information to be found easily.
- Evolve site features an ExamView test bank, an electronic image collection, links to helpful websites, additional readings and resources, and items for further discussion which allow more opportunities to incorporate text and CD materials into everyday learning.
1. The Dental Hygiene Profession
2. Health Promotion: A Basis of Practice
3. Legal and Ethical Considerations
4. Evidence-Based Decision Making-NEW!
6. The Body’s Response to Challenge
Part II. Environmental Ergonomics
7. Exposure Control and Prevention of Disease Transmission
8. Positioning and Prevention of Operator Injury
9. Instrument Design and Principles of Instrumentation
10. Instrument Sharpening
Part III. Patient Assessment
11. Life Stage Changes
12. Comprehensive Health History
13. Drug-Induced Adverse Oral Events
14. Physical and Extraoral Examination
15. Intraoral Examination
16. Periodontal Examination
17. Hard Tissue Examination
18. Radiographic and Photographic Imaging Assessment
19. Nutritional Assessment
Part IV. Diagnosis and Planning
20. Oral Risk Assessment and Intervention Planning
21. Individualizing Preventive and Therapeutic Strategies
22. Post Treatment Assessment and Supportive Care
23. Case Development, Documentation, and Presentation
Part V. Prevention Implementation
24. Devices for Oral Self Care
25. Dental Caries and Caries Management
29. Tobacco and Chemical Addiction
30. Care of Appliances and Dental Prostheses
Part VI. Therapeutic Implementation
31. Powered Instrumentation and Periodontal Debridement
32. Cosmetic and Therapeutic Polishing
33. Dentinal Sensitivity
34. Periodontal Dressings and Suturing
35. Operative Procedures