- Print ISBN 9780323171380
- Electronic ISBN 9780323299008
- Comprehensive coverage includes all areas of veterinary technology, such as: basic and clinical sciences; clinical applications; patient management, nursing and nutrition; anesthesia and pharmacology; and professional practices and issues.
- Comprehensive review exam at the end of the text contains 350 questions that provide you with a solid review of the vet tech curriculum and the information you need to know to pass the VTNE.
- User-friendly outline format is conducive to classification and grouping of material, which helps you retain the content.
- Coverage of dogs, cats, large animals, birds, reptiles, and laboratory animals ensures you are prepared for all aspects of the national board examination.
- Summarized concepts and procedures are highlighted in boxes and tables to support visual learners.
- Student-friendly chapter format contains a chapter outline, learning outcomes, a glossary, and review questions.
- Appendix of veterinary technician resources include American, Canadian, and international vet tech associations; registration of technicians; and special internet sites of interest to veterinary technicians.
2. Urinalysis and Hematology
4. Clinical Chemistry
6. Diagnostic Microbiology and Mycology
8. Alternative Imaging Technology
9. Virology and Immunology
10. Sanitation Sterilization and Disinfection
11. Companion Animal Behavior
12. Restraint and Handling
13. Small Animal Nutrition
14. Large Animal Nutrition and Feeding
15. Genetics, Theriogenology and Neonatal Care
16. Laboratory Animal Medicine
17. Exotic Animal Medicine
20. Pharmaceutical Calculations
22. Pain Management
23. Surgery Principles
24. Small Animal Nursing and Procedures
25. Equine Nursing and Surgery
26. Large Animal Nursing, Surgery and Anesthesia
27. Emergency Medicine
28. Veterinary Dentistry
29. Personal, Practice and Professional Management Skills and Ethics
Appendix A. Abbreviations And Symbols
Appendix B. The Metric System and Equivalents
Appendix C. Medical Terminology
Appendix D. Species Names
Appendix E. Normal Values
Appendix F. Additional Veterinary Technician Resources
Appendix G. Comprehensive Test with Answer Key
Appendix H. Answer Key to Chapter Review Questions
- No. of pages:
- © 2015
- 4th August 2014
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: