Take your career to the next level with Mosby’s Advanced Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice! Beginning with an exploration of expanding roles for the pharmacy technician, this resource includes coverage of leadership, management, and technical skills to support career progression and preparation for the new Advanced Pharmacy Technician certification credential. Case studies, critical thinking exercises, chapter quizzes, and a sample exam provide ample opportunities for skills assessment. A perfect companion to Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician, this text provides you with the knowledge and tools needed to take charge of your career in the fast-paced and exciting field of pharmacy technology!
(Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician sold seperately.)
- Content is based on ASHP and PTCB standards to match the coverage required in advanced-level pharmacy technician programs and support the new CPhT-Adv credential.
- Coverage builds upon the Certified Pharmacy Technician skill set with a variety of advanced-level skills, including medication history and reconciliation, error prevention, hazardous medications, controlled substances, technology considerations, inventory, billing and reimbursement, and management and leadership topics to help students develop a supervisory skill set.
- Study and practice opportunities throughout include review questions at the end of each chapter, an exam-review appendix with sample questions, and review questions on the companion Evolve website.
- Chapter case studies and critical thinking exercises throughout emphasize real-world problem solving.
- Tech Notes and Tech Alerts offer practical tips for on-the-job accuracy and efficiency.
PART 1: THE ADVANCED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
1. Current and Expanding Role of the Pharmacy Technician
2. Training and Skills for Advanced Pharmacy Technician Roles
3. Leadership and Management Skills
4. Communication within the Interdisciplinary Team
PART 2: OPERATIONAL AND CLINICAL SKILLS
5. Operational Functions
6. Technology and Dispensing Systems
7. Advanced Clinical Skills in Community and Institutional Settings
8. Patient Medication Compliance and Monitoring
9. Sterile Products and Hazardous Drugs
10. Controlled Substance Diversion and Tracking
11. Medication Verification
PART 3: LAUNCHING YOUR CAREER
12. Education and Training
Appendix: Advanced Certification and Testing Preparation
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 24th November 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Accreditation Alliance Consulting Services Pharmacy Technician Program Instructor Society for the Education of Pharmacy Technicians (SEPhT) Lyons, Georgia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.