Anesthetics – general/local
Bone resorption inhibitors
Calcium channel blockers
Histamine H2 antagonists
Neuromuscular blocking agents
Skeletal muscle relaxants
Individual Drug Monographs in A-Z Format
A. Selected new drugs
B. Ophthalmic, otic, nasal, and topical products
C. Vaccines and toxoids
Choose the drug handbook trusted for nearly 30 years! The newest edition of a series that has been trusted by nurses for nearly 30 years, Mosby’s 2016 Nursing Drug Reference makes it easy to find the most vital information on the drugs you administer most frequently. More than 5,000 drugs are profiled — including 20 new entries for drugs recently approved by the FDA. And no other drug guide places a higher emphasis on patient safety, with Black Box Warnings for dangerous adverse reactions, highlighting of common and life-threatening side effects, and Safety Alert icons for situations requiring special attention. From nursing pharmacology expert Linda Skidmore-Roth, this perennial bestseller proves there is a difference in drug guides.
- More than 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs are profiled, covering almost every drug you will administer in practice or in clinicals.
- Comprehensive drug monographs include generic names, Rx or OTC availability, pronunciations, U.S. and Canadian trade names, functional and chemical classification, controlled-substance schedule, do-not-confuse drugs, action, uses, unlabeled uses, dosages and routes, available forms, side effects, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug lab test), nursing considerations, and treatment of overdose.
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to dangerous or life-threatening adverse reactions.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- Safety Alert icon highlights the most critical interactions and side effects.
- A companion website includes updates with recently approved drugs, a full-color pill atlas, drug dosage calculators, herbal products, Canadian drug information, patient teaching guidelines, and more.
- Coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.
- Full-color design highlights important information, and an alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access.
- Flexible, water-resistant cover provides durability in the clinical setting.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2016
- 22nd May 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP
Consultant, Littleton, CO; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM; El Paso Community College, El Paso, TX