Use this set of colorful cards to master concepts in maternity, women's health, and pediatrics! With 65 cartoons covering key topics, Mosby's OB/Peds & Women's Health Memory NoteCards: Visual, Mnemonic, and Memory Aids for Nurses uses humor and illustrations to make studying easier and more fun. These durable, portable cards use mnemonics and other time-tested memory aids to help you prepare for class, clinicals, and the NCLEX® exam. Created by nursing educators JoAnn Zerwekh and Cathy Miller, this one-of-a-kind tool makes studying obstetrics and pediatrics an exceptionally memorable experience!
- 65 full-color cartoons offer a humorous and engaging way to learn, including cards on nutrition and diabetes in pregnancy, preeclampsia versus eclampsia, sexually transmitted diseases, respiratory distress syndrome, RSV, and childhood diabetes.
- Mnemonics and other time-tested memory aids help you grasp and remember even the most complex concepts.
- Colored thumb tabs make it easy to find topics quickly.
- What You Need to Know monographs on each card provide more detailed information and specific nursing implications.
- Sturdy, spiral-bound cards offer durability as well as portability.
- Unique! Color highlights emphasize four central topics:
- Serious/Life-Threatening Implications in pink
- Common Clinical Findings in blue
- Important Nursing Implications in yellow
- Patient Teaching in green
1. Pregnancy Dating and The Pregnancy Dating Wheel Use
2. Pregnancy Symptoms, "The 3 P's"
3. Nutrition in Pregnancy
4. Environmental Concerns
5. Advanced Maternal Age (AMA)
6. Postpartum Depression
7. Incompetent Cervix
8(a). Mild Preeclampsia
8(b). Severe Preclampsia & Eclampsia
9. Common Testing During Pregnancy
10. Ectopic Pregnancy
11. Constipation during Pregnancy
12. Patient Reportable Symptoms during Pregnancy
13. Diabetes in Pregnancy
14. HELLP Syndrome
15. Noninvasive Fetal Monitoring
16. Labor Induction
17. Stages of Labor
18. Presentation during Delivery
19. Hyperemesis Gravidarum
20. Twins and Multiples
Newborn Care Topics
21. APGAR Scores
22. Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn
23. Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS)
24. Imperforate Anus
25. Common Birth Injuries
26. Infant of a Diabetic Mother
27. Congenital Heart Disease
28. Spina Bifida
30. Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate
32. Newborn Screening for Metabolic Disorders
33. Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Women's Health Topics
34. Gynecologic Terms
35. Menstrual Calendar
36. Pelvic Exam
37. Cultural Considerations
38. Screening for Cervical Cancer
39. Methods of Contraception
40. Pains Mnemonic for IUD Problems
41. Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
43. Urinary Incontinence
45. Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (DUB)
46. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) & Ovarian Torsion
47. Vulvar Dermatitis Skincare Guidelines
49(b). Postmenopausal Bleeding
50. Paroxysmal Abdominal Pain (Colic)
51. Diaper Dermatitis
52. Iron Deficiency Anemia
53. Cerebral Palsy
56. Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) and Bronchiolitis
57. Croup Syndrome
58. Acute Appendicitis
59. Head Injury
61. Bacterial Meningitis
62. Childhood Diabetes
63. Hematologic Problems -- Leukemia & Hemophilia
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2011
- 19th November 2011
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
JoAnn Zerwekh, EdD, RN is a nurse educator with extensive experience in nursing education. She has been presenting NCLEX® review courses for graduate nurses for over 30 years and is the author of multiple NCLEX® review books.
President/CEO Nursing Education Consultants, Inc. Chandler, Arizona Joannzerwekh@gmail.com
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.