- Reviews key research in this hot area including biomaterials
- Examines polymeric interfacial properties and reviews medical and other practical applications
- Edited by a leading authority with contributions from distinguished experts worldwide
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Fundamentals: Thermodynamics and kinetics of protein/surfactant mixtures at liquid interfaces; Molecular modelling of polymer surfaces and interfaces; Non-Fickian diffusion in systems with complex interfaces; Semiflexible polymers: From statics to dynamics; Thermodynamics of contact angles on rough, heterogeneous surfaces. Part 2 Characteristation and manipulation: Scanning probe microscopy – application for the study of soft materials; Pyrene florescence to study polymeric systems; Application of axisymmetric drop shape analysis (ADSA) to the study of biomolecules; Polyelectrolyte coupling with lipid monolayers; Surface-energetic properties of polymers in controlled architecture; Surface-energetic properties of polymers in controlled architecture; Interfacial properties of amphiphilic dendritic polymers. Part 3 Applications: Self-assembly of peptides and its potential application; Physiochemical modulation of immobilised extracellular matrix; Biodegradable polymer microparticles for genetic vaccine delivery; Triblock copolymers as promoters of solubilization of oils in aqueous surfactant solutions; Surface and interfacial studies of plant biopolymers; Polymeric composite membranes and biomimetic affinity ligands for bioseparation and immunoadsorption; Studying polymeric systems in solution.
- No. of pages: 712
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2005
- Published: July 22, 2005
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845690830
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Molecular Interfacial Phenomena of Polymers and Biopolymers"