This volume in the Methods in Microbiology series focuses on the interaction of microorganisms and the host cell, presenting detailed experimental techniques for modern microbiological research. The book focuses on current technical methods, including imaging technologies, cellular biochemistry, and the establishment and exploitation of cell assay systems. Also covered are methods for studying gene expression and detecting virulence genes. By studying the major techniques used to study cross talk between microbes and cells, rather than just presenting systems, this book distinguishes itself as an essential guide for all researchers working in microbiology, cell biology, and immunology.
- Focuses on current technical methods, including imaging technologies, cellular biochemistry, establishment and exploitation of cell assay systems
- Covers promising new areas such as global analysis of genome expression and proteomic analysis of cellular components.
- Encompasses the most recent and innovative techniques such as microarrays, new experimental models of infection and new cell assay systems
- Provides a large array of models covering the various strategies used by pathogens to infect their host
- Includes all current methods developed to study gene expression and detect virulence genes.
Microbiologists, infectious disease researchers and clinicians, and cell biologists.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2002
- 30th January 2002
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
New York University Medical Center, U.S.A.