- Provides up-to-date reviews of the molecular and cellular biology of male reproduction
- Includes chapters on the developmental biology of the testes
- Links conventional hormonal control of testicular function with the evolving role of growth factors and proto-oncogenes
Table of Contents
- Genetic Control of Testis Determination. Cell Biology of Testicular Development. Nuclear Morphogenesis During Spermiogenesis. Hormonal Control of Spermatogenesis. Patterns of Expression and Potential Functions of Proto-Oncogenes During Mammalian Spermatogenesis. Molecular Basis of Signalling Spermatozoa. Molecular Biology of Iron Transport in the Testis. Molecular Biology of Testicular Steroid Secretion. Hormonal Control Mechanisms of Leydig Cells. Growth Factors in the Control of Testicular Function. Vascular Controls in Testicular Physiology. Paracrine Mechanisms in Testicular Control.
- No. of pages: 483
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2012
- Published: October 5, 1993
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080917641
About the Editor
David de Kretser
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Molecular Biology of the Male Reproductive System"