Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Molecular Aspects of Neurodegeneration, Neuroprotection, and Regeneration in Neurological Disorders presents readers with comprehensive and cutting-edge information on the neurochemical mechanisms of various types of neurological disorders. The book covers information on signal transduction processes associated with neurochemistry of neurological disorders, including neurodegenerative, neurotraumatic, and neuropsychiatric disorders. The book also discusses risk factors, symptoms, pathogenesis, biomarkers, and the potential treatments of neurological disorders. The comprehensive information in this monograph may not only help in early detection of various neurological disorders, but will also promote the discovery of new drugs.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the molecular aspects of neurodegeneration, neuroprotection, and neuro-regeneration, along with therapeutic strategies for various types of neurological disorders
- Provides cutting-edge research information on the signal transduction processes associated with the neurochemistry of neurological disorders
- Discusses risk factors, symptoms, pathogenesis, biomarkers, and the potential for treatments of neurological disorders
Researchers in neuroscience, neurology, neuropharmacology and neurochemistry
- Molecular aspects of neurodegeneration and classification of neurological disorders
2. Effect of diet on neurological disorders and regenerative processes in the brain
3. Molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration in neurotraumatic diseases
4. Molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration in neurodegenerative diseases
5. Molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration in neuropsychiatric diseases
6. Molecular aspects of regeneration and neuroprotection in neurotraumatic diseases
7. Molecular aspects of regeneration and neuroprotection in neurodegenerative diseases
8. Molecular aspects of regeneration and neuroprotection in neuropsychiatric diseases
9. Strategies for the potential treatment of neurological disorders with Chinese and Indian medicinal plants
10. Summary, perspective, and future studies on neurodegeneration and regeneration in neurological disorders
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 7th September 2020
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Akhlaq A. Farooqui is a leader in the field of signal transduction processes, lipid mediators, phospholipases, glutamate neurotoxicity, and neurological disorders. He is a research scientist in the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry at The Ohio State University. He has published cutting edge research on the role of phospholipases A2 in signal transduction processes, generation and identification of lipid mediators during neurodegeneration by lipidomics. He has studied the involvement of glycerophospholipid, sphingolipid-, and cholesterol-derived lipid mediators in kainic acid neurotoxicity, an experimental model of neurodegenerative diseases. Akhlaq A. Farooqui has discovered the stimulation of plasmalogen- selective phospholipase A2 in brains of patients with Alzheimer disease (AD). Stimulation of this enzyme may not only be responsible for the deficiency of plasmalogens in neural membranes of AD patients, but also be related to the loss of synapse in the AD.
Research Scientist, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
"I believe this to be a very worthy text that will be used by both researchers and clinicians with different goals. I can also see a role for those studying nutrition and the microbiome. I do not believe there is a text that takes a similar level of detail into the molecular considerations of not only neurodegeneration, but the implications for neuroprotection and regeneration with highlights on the many specific clinical conditions." --Doody
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.