Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction – Epiphanies in Epigenetics
Xiaodong Cheng and Robert M. Blumenthal
Section I. EVOLUTION OF DNA METHYLATION
2. The natural history of eukaryotic DNA methylation systems
Lakshminarayan M. Iyer, Saraswathi Abhiman, L. Aravind
3. Evolution of histone methyltransferases and demethylases
4. DNA methylation in Drosophila – A critical evaluation
Veiko Krauss and Gunter Reuter
5. DNA Methylation in Zebrafish
Mary G Goll and Marnie E Halpern
Seciton II. MAMMALIAN DNA METHYLTRANSFERASES – STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION
6. Dnmt1 - structure and function
Željko M. Svedružić
7. The DNMT3 family of MAMMALIAN de novo DNA methyltransferases
Seciton III. DNA METHYLATION AND DEMETHYLATION
8. Recruitment of Dnmt1: Roles of the SRA protein Np95 (Uhrf1) and other factors
Jafar Sharif & Haruhiko Koseki
9. Regulation of Expression and Activity of DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferases in mammalian cells
Shannon R. Morey Kinney and Sriharsa Pradhan
10. Mechanistic and functional links between histone methylation and DNA methylation
Section IV. DNA METHYLATION IN MEDICINE
11. RNA mediated silencing mechanisms in mammalian cells
12. Biological functions of methyl-CpG binding proteins
Pierre-Antoine Defossez and Irina Stancheva
Section V. DNA METHYLATION IN MEDICINE
13. Diseases associated with imprinting
J.F. Wilkins and F. Úbeda
14. DNA methylation changes in cancer
Minoru Toyota and Eiichiro Yamamoto
15. Epigenetic biomarkers
16. Distribution of methylation at the single-nucleotide level
DNA methylation is essential for the normal development and functioning of organisms. This volume discusses the latest developments in this very active field of research. It presents the evolution of DNA methylation, mammalian DNA methyltransferases, DNA methylation and demethlyation, DNA methylation and silencing and the role it plays in medicine including cancer.
- Discusses new discoveries, approaches, and ideas
- Contributions from leading scholars and industry experts
- Reference guide for researchers involved in molecular biology and related fields
Researchers, professors and graduate students in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, and medicine.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2011
- 27th April 2011
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
PRAISE FOR THE SERIES
"Full of interest not only for the molecular biologist--for whom the numerous references will be invaluable--but will also appeal to a much wider circle of biologists, and in fact to all those who are concerned with the living cell."--British Medical Journal
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
The University of Toledo College of Medicine, OH, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.