Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Section I: Advances in Manufacturing Processes
1. Advanced Manufacturing Techniques for Composite Structures used in Aerospace Industries
2. Advances in Manufacturing Analysis: Fractal Theory in Modern Manufacturing
Section II: Application in Modern Manufacturing Processes
3. Weldability Appraisal of Dissimilar Metal Joints: Application of Ultrasonic Spot Welding to Li-ion Batteries
4. Applications of Coconut Shell Ash/Particles in Modern Manufacturing: A Case Study of Friction Stir Processing
5. Fractography Analysis and Constitutive modeling for dynamic plasticity of Austenite stainless steel (ASS 304) at Hot-working temperatures
6. Laser transmission welding of dissimilar plastics: Analyses of parametric effects and process optimization using grey based Taguchi method
7. Investigations on the Effect of Thickness and Rolling Direction of Thin Metal Foil on Forming Limit Curves in Micro Forming Process
8. Evaluation and Characterization of Rolling of Brass at Cryogenic Conditions
9. Multi axis CNC Programming and Machining
Section III: Sustainability in Modern Manufacturing Processes
10. Recycling of Polyethylene: An Attempt to Sachet and Bottled Water Sustainability in Ghana
11. Sustainability and survivability in Manufacturing Sector
Modern Manufacturing Processes draws on the latest international research on traditional and non-traditional practices, to provide valuable advice on the digitization and automation of the manufacturing industry. In addition to providing technical details for the correct implementation of the latest tools and practices, the impacts on productivity and design quality are also examined.
The thorough classification of manufacturing processes will help readers to decide which technology is most effective for their requirements, and comparisons between modern and traditional methods will clarify the case for upgrading. This comprehensive assessment of technologies will include additive manufacturing, and industry 4.0, as well as hybrid methods where exceptional results have been gained through the use of traditional technology.
This collection of work by academics at the cutting edge of manufacturing research will help readers from a range of backgrounds to understand and apply these new technologies.
- Explains how the correct implementation of modern manufacturing processes can help a factory gain the characteristics of an industry 4.0 business
- Explores what the main technical and business drivers for new manufacturing processes are today
- Provides detailed classifications and comparisons of traditional, non-traditional, and hybrid manufacturing processes
Students and researchers interested in manufacturing, production engineering, industry 4.0, or ICT in engineering. Manufacturing and process engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 22nd May 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Kaushik Kumar is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India. He has 14 years of experience in teaching and research, and over 11 years of industrial experience working for a global manufacturing company. He has 9 patents, has authored/edited 20 books and has 120 international journal publications, and 18 International and 8 National Conference publications to his credit.
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India
J. Paulo Davim is a Full Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal. He has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience in manufacturing, materials, and mechanical engineering. He has also interest in management, engineering education and higher education for sustainability. He has worked as an evaluator of projects for the ERC-European Research Council and other international research agencies as well as and examiner of PhD thesis for many universities in different countries. In addition, he has edited/co-edited more than 150 books and authored/co-authored more than 15 books, 100 book chapters, and 500 articles for journals and conferences. He is the Series Editor of Elsevier’s 'Woodhead Publishing Reviews: Mechanical Engineering Series'.
Full Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.