Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
In order to use rare earths successfully in various applications, a good understanding of the chemistry of these elements is of paramount importance. Nearly three to four decades have passed since titles such as The Rare Earths edited by F.H. Spedding and A.H. Daane, The chemistry of the Rare Earth Elements by N.E. Topp and Complexes of the Rare Earths by S.P. Sinha were published. There have been many international conferences and symposia on rare earths, as well as the series of volumes entitled Handbook of Physics and Chemistry of Rare Earths edited by K.A. Gschneidner and L. Eyring. Thus, there is a need for a new title covering modern aspects of rare earth complexes along with the applications.
The present title consists of twelve chapters.
2. General aspects
3. Stability of complexes
4. Lanthanide complexes
5. Structural chemistry of lanthanide compounds
6. Organometallic complexes
7. Kinetics and mechanisms of rare earths complexation
8. Spectroscopy of lanthanide complexes
9. Photoelectron spectroscopy of rare earths
10. Lanthanide NMR shift reagents
11. Environmental ecological biological aspects
The authors studied in schools headed by pioneers in rare earth chemistry, have a combined experience of one hundred and fifty years in inorganic chemistry, rare earth complex chemistry, nuclear and radiochemistry of rare earths and supramolecular chemistry. The present monograph is a product of this rich experience.
- General aspects
- Stability of complexes
- Lanthanide complexes
- Structural chemistry of lanthanide compounds
- Organometallic complexes
- Kinetics and mechanisms of rare earths complexation
- Spectroscopy of lanthanide complexes
- Photoelectron spectroscopy of rare earths
- Lanthanide NMR shift reagents
- Environmental ecological biological aspects
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2003
- 9th December 2003
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
President, Winovia LLC
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, USA
Nagpur University, Mahasahtra, India
St. Luke University, Chicago, IL, USA
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland